Where is Rikki going?

Bottom line they all sound like drums.

The voice comes from the player, room, heads, tuning, and sizes.

The rest is just personal preference. Yes, there is a difference between a DW and a Yamaha(I have had both many times these decades) but that unique voice comes from other things.

Steve is my hero and can make a cardboard box sound great. Whether he plays his maple custom, club custom, Rogers, Trixon, a Gretsch, or Ludwig, It all sounds like him because it's him.

Good for him. They make good hardware too & I'm sure he'll do good by them.
I met him when he played some club dates near me & wasn't very personable. Could've been for reasons I didn't know about, so I just said "Good luck man!" and headed on out.
Mr. Ross,
I am super sorry that I wasn't personable towards you. I have no idea why I would have been that way as that is not normally me. Please accept my apologies.

Mr. Ross,
I am super sorry that I wasn't personable towards you. I have no idea why I would have been that way as that is not normally me. Please accept my apologies.
No worries, Mate. It was after a show & I'm sure fatigue, the grind of the tour & other issues all came into the station at the same time.
You're still (and have always been) a drummer to look up to as I've been a fan of you since 1987.
More good times ahead for sure! 🤘 🤘

Mr. Ross,
No worries, Mate. It was after a show & I'm sure fatigue, the grind of the tour & other issues all came into the station at the same time.
You're still (and have always been) a drummer to look up to as I've been a fan of you since 1987.
More good times ahead for sure! 🤘 🤘
Sniff…I just love a happy ending! Good job, Rikki and Cmdr!

Back