Two Cymbal 'Feel Good' Stories

wildbill

Platinum Member
I ordered a cymbal from Chicago Music Exchange early this month, mainly because they had the lowest price on it.
Checked around yesterday and found one place that had a much lower price, and they refunded me the difference.
I know a lot of places say they'll match prices before you buy, but I normally buy used cymbals, and usually in person.
This was the first time I did it online, and almost at the end of the return period, so I'm very happy with the deal.
I'll be buying from them again, for sure.

I ordered another cymbal from Arizona Drum Shop, and it was scheduled to come today. We're in the middle of a snowstorm here,
and when I checked the tracking yesterday it was at a place that had the freeway shut down for 4 hours because of a massive accident.

The truck finally showed up, and I went out to get the cymbal. Asked the driver, and he said he didn't know where it was because it had
fallen out of the truck earlier. :eek: I described how big the box should be and he started digging around for it.
I said "it could be that one you just had your hand on". Sure enough, that was it. I signed for it, checked the box over for damage and brought it in.
I've never seen a box taped up that much - it took quite a while to get it open. And the bubble wrap filled two grocery store sized paper bags.
Excellent protection.

So knock on wood - two experiences today that might have not had such a good ending, but turned out real good. (y)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back