New Remo Fiberskyn heads on the Warlords

I took the heads that came with the snares (only two had original heads and one had been replaced) and put Fiberskyn's on them. The heads naturally mellowed out some overtones and enhanced the lower frequencies a bit. I really like the sound and look. In my opinion the heads go with the vibe of the drums. IMG_2108.jpegIMG_2110.jpegIMG_1939.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I took the Fiberskyn plunge on my Gretsch maple snare a while back, and LOVED how it sounded. However the Fiberskyn coating started to bubble up in the center where I strike the head after only a few weeks. It still sounded and played fine, so I left it on for a while. But I switched to a CS white dot when I started gigging with it, as I wasn't sure how durable the Fiberskyn head would be and didn't want to risk busting it mid-gig.

Very cool collection of warlords and interesting head choice! I’ve never thought of putting that head on my Bubinga warlord but I may just have to try that out. I imagine it adds an unreal amount of punch to those thick shells

-Jonathan

Back