Roland TD-27KV Sound Module Upgrade to TD-50X

vadimb123

Does anyone know if the drum pads that come with the TD-27KV are compatible with the TD-50X sound module? Also does upgrading from the TD-27KV sound module to the TD-50X sound module make sense? Is the TD-50X sound module much better than the TD-27KV sound module?

[opinions follow - beware]

1. Yes.
2. No, IMHO - but it depends on your buying criteria. If it's to get individual trigger inputs / more outputs, then maybe. If it's sounds, then....
3. Still modelled / synthesized (most users seem to end up adding a computer and an interface and a load of software...) BUT at least the TD50 doesn't have an evil proprietary cable snake ;)

@electrodrummer beat me to it - I concur with all of his points, in my opinion as well.

The TD-27 is the little brother to the TD-50/X. Similar sound pool, just different internal and external features.

If you intend to keep the same pads and just want a module upgrade, for the price point, you are better off with a Pearl Mimic Pro vs a TD-50X. Comparable inputs/outputs but a different approach to sound editing and sample importing with a bit more realism. Depends on your use case.

Mimic pro work with an Alesis strike set of pads and cymbals?anyone know?

Mimic pro work with an Alesis strike set of pads and cymbals?anyone know?

Yes. You will have to tweak the Roland and/or pad-agnostic presets to the pad response/your playing style.

Back