Let's see your "dream" drum kits

I own mine.

Early 70s Slingerland 3-ply 24x14, 16x16, 18x16, 13x9, with 14x6.5 Pork Pie snare (cherry/walnut)

1965/68 3-ply Ludwig club date 22x14, 13x9, and a 16x16 classic floor tom with a 14x6.5 Black Beauty

Almost new Ludwig Classic Maple 24x14, 16x16, 18x16, 13x9, with a 14x8 Black Beauty

I play a variety of Heartbeat cymbals.

I love everything I play, and these are my dream sets. I play all of them frequently, and nothing stays at home.

C00E2255-1FFF-4B68-9546-327A5BB25BCE.jpeg8DBD64B4-486F-4A5A-A3CA-7BE04F7B3806.jpegF47D0ECC-F3F2-43B1-B0AF-F3A23F3207DB.jpeg

I've already owned a bunch of my dream kits throughout the decades. Without fail, each of the dream kits sounded and looked great, and I enjoyed my time with them. When it came time to purchase what will be my final kit (and some follow up add ons), I went with something that ticked off other boxes besides just looking and sounding great. Location of the company, purchase experience, finish, reputation... all these things factored into the equation as well. Finally, and this is pretty snarky of me but I'll fess up to it anyway... I now really enjoy owning drums that are controversial in drum forum land.

if reality didn't exist
My drumrack contains position sensitive neodymium levitation mounts for the ultimate in tom placement and resonance.

Micro sensors in the lugs tune the heads to whatever pitch you want and holds it there indefinitely.

Soft screen technology wraps the shells and allows for any color or image to be adorned on the kit. Cameras embedded 360° in the wrap allow for active camouflage, chameleon, and image projection. When not active, the wraps (and shells) are clear.

For transport, the kit easily fits in your pocket using TARDIS technology.

To play, one simply plugs their mind port into the control box and thinks.

I had it and sold it stupidly enough (because I needed the money, so it was warranted, but still)

View attachment 128445

8x7, 10x7, 12x7, 15x14, 18x14, 22x16, and a matching 15x10 snare (that one was less interesting).

Perfect sizes, perfect wood combo (a really different in sound than other DW’s), perfect head combo.

How did you like that kick drum muffling system? How was it better/worse than anything else?

How did you like that kick drum muffling system? How was it better/worse than anything else?
I really liked it.

It gave the exact needed muffling, yet the let the kick still breath enough.

I prefer foam over extra thick head, towels, pillows and such.

I now have a snall piece of pyramid acoustic foam (poor man’s solition 😂) in my 24x14 RC kick.

The mic mount was a nice added option.

I had it and sold it stupidly enough (because I needed the money, so it was warranted, but still)

View attachment 128445

8x7, 10x7, 12x7, 15x14, 18x14, 22x16, and a matching 15x10 snare (that one was less interesting).

Perfect sizes, perfect wood combo (a really different in sound than other DW’s), perfect head combo.

View attachment 128446

View attachment 128447
I remember you posting some of these pics a while ago. Maybe when you were trying to sell them. What was the problem with the 15" snare? The depth? The dimension? Would you ever buy a 15" snare again? They kind of fascinate me because I'm starting to realize I like low tuned snares better than medium and high tuned, and I figure a 15" would be cool to for example: tune medium high like "normal" lol but still get a lower pitch. Also, don't you have a Sonor kit in similar sizes? So hard to keep track of people here. haha

I'm okay on drumkits, my dream is to have an open and airy space to practice and record in. Something like this basement.

View attachment 128450
If I was smart, (which I'm not) I would be saving my money to get in to a bigger place to rehearse/record. Instead I'm gassing hardcore over new drums. I live in a shoe box apartment and I don't even feel comfortable singing or playing V Drums in here.😞

I remember you posting some of these pics a while ago. Maybe when you were trying to sell them. What was the problem with the 15" snare? The depth? The dimension? Would you ever buy a 15" snare again? They kind of fascinate me because I'm starting to realize I like low tuned snares better than medium and high tuned, and I figure a 15" would be cool to for example: tune medium high like "normal" lol but still get a lower pitch. Also, don't you have a Sonor kit in similar sizes? So hard to keep track of people here. haha
It worked great in high tunigs but I wanted it to be a ballad snare which a regular 14x6,5 did just as good.

15” doesn’t automatically means great in medium to low tunings. Not even such a deep one as this. Its more about wood, and built.

And then 15” looks good matching but is a a lot of estate.

The Sonor was something I never should have bought, and had different sizes, which is one of the reasons why I shouldn’t have bought it.

If I was smart, (which I'm not) I would be saving my money to get in to a bigger place to rehearse/record. Instead I'm gassing hardcore over new drums. I live in a shoe box apartment and I don't even feel comfortable singing or playing V Drums in here.😞
I feel you.

Using a great 2x2x2,2m air conditionend space but I would love to have a large room to record and store drums.

6720CA89-2298-4C7C-AF96-842B6DE4C21C.jpeg

But, one doesn’t always exclude the other.

My drumrack contains position sensitive neodymium levitation mounts for the ultimate in tom placement and resonance.

Micro sensors in the lugs tune the heads to whatever pitch you want and holds it there indefinitely.

Soft screen technology wraps the shells and allows for any color or image to be adorned on the kit. Cameras embedded 360° in the wrap allow for active camouflage, chameleon, and image projection. When not active, the wraps (and shells) are clear.

For transport, the kit easily fits in your pocket using TARDIS technology.

To play, one simply plugs their mind port into the control box and thinks.
I wish we could make this post a stickie somehow. :geek:

Back