Tell me about Paiste cymbals

Well for me, the 2002 are too harsh for me, the 602 and 692 ME have nothing more than I could not find in any of that her Sabian but the Signature, Signature Dark Energy and master have still their special shimmering high end that I like a lot. The issue, you don't find a lot of Paiste in canada where I live and they are super expensive.
But with a sound factory Frankenstein logo that is said to be super close to the signature line, mine is 16", a Dark energy 15" (16" cut by a pro after a smal crack) and 19", a Master dark crisp ride, I just need an 18" full crash signature and a signature dark crisp hats 13" and then, either a 17" in DE or?? I dunno... I'm not there yet. But yes, they are awesome cymbals.

I use mainly Paiste as well, though I'm not as big of a die-hard fan that I wouldn't use anything else. Especially Meinl I have a soft spot for. But I do love the glassy sound of the Paistes. I like the Signatures also but they're a bit too bright for me, and in my experience were prone to cracking much faster when playing loud music. Don't really need a lecture on proper cymbal technique at this point, I just find that other models hold up for a longer time. Cracking Signatures, that is a very expensive waste of money, to me... 2002, Rude and 900 series are my go-to cymbals for the moment.

I gigged some of my 2002's last weekend and fell in love with them all over again.
Beautiful! 🔥
They need room to breathe. The bigger the room, the better.
I feel this. The commercial space where my kit lives has low ceilings above where I'm allowed to set up. I notice a difference between the 2002 and Giant Beats, especially crashing. I know the 2002 sound good in a bigger/taller room, but I have to use earplugs or earbuds if I'm playing the 2002s at volume in that space. The Giant Beats, not so much.

Tell you about Paiste?..son..pull up a chair.
Ok!

06A5CA9C-DE59-4115-BB14-9589D9F38084.jpeg

I’ve yet to use any models from the dark energy lineup, and it’ll be a while before I do ‘cuz this Signature Flat ride feeds my soul atm.

index.php

I bought a Tama Pancake kit just for practicing, and want to use the opportunity to try a different brand of cymbals on it. I've been Zyldjian guy forever, mostly A Custom and various Z series. I'm a hard rock drummer, and I like heavier, very bright cymbals (no dark or washy stuff for me). I understand Paiste has a different metal formula, but I've rarely heard Paiste cymbals up close, nor do I have drum shop close that stocks enough to try.

Since I like heavy, bright cymbals, I'm looking their Rude series, Signature Reflector, and also the Signature & Signature Precision lines (I don't know the difference between the two).

Can anyone enlighten me on those lines, what they sound like compared to Zyldjian? I know very little about Paiste sounds.
If you like A Customs look into Paiste 2002‘s, if you like Z Series check out the Rudes.

What are you using for kick drum heads and muffling on them (batter and reso)? It looks wide open with some foam of some kind on the heads?
Thanks for asking. Those are the stock Renown heads (Remo clear PS3 batter, Gretsch smooth white resonant) with a small towel rolled up on the bottom of the bass drum.

Stock heads on the toms are clear Emperors over clear Gretsch single plies in case you're curious but I recently replaced them with the pictured Remo coated Vintage Ambassadors over clear Ambassadors. They love that combo.

Back