Drum Book Format Preferences

What drum book format do you like most?

• Total voters
If you own a physical copy of a book, why would you need to make a copy of a page within that book?
To take a single page to a practice perhaps, or maybe a lesson. Perhaps one only needs a few pages from said book for something they're doing outdoors and prefer not to bring the entire book. Perhaps the book is old and out of print so making copies versus using the physical book would extend the life of the physical book. The reasons are endless. Why did we all make copies of things at the library whilst in school, you know the days before the interwebs?

Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials is published by Hudson too, and that is the perfect format for the book. Sits on the stand well, pages don't flick back and forth like a bound paperback.

Any flavor of music book should be coil-bound. Even guitar, provided the guitarist doesn't get hisself entangled within.

It depends on the number of pages to me.
If it's about 50 pages or less, I prefer the simple saddle stich binding (I had to look up the terms... http://blog.ironmarkusa.com/4-types-book-binding ).
Coil is better for books with lots of pages, but the coils eat up the edges rather quickly if you do lots of page turns or browse for stuff. So I'd prefer the case binding with a thick paper cover, but I rarely see those used in music books.

there;s also white/plastic coil/ binding/looks like
some of that lasts 50 years

there;s also white/plastic coil/ binding/looks like
some of that lasts 50 years
Yes thanks I know this kind of binding, I use it at home for draft copies, as I do have a binder.
I prefer coil!

Back