Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

View attachment 126084
I was never into the G Shock watches until now. These tactical, survive anything watches I’m really digging since I never know where I’ll be or what the environment is. Smart move as I head through my 50s…
My late husband was a collector of watches and towards the end of his life he wasn't able to do anything because he was bedridden. He used to like to surf the Internet and picked out a watch that he wanted for Christmas that I bought him and unfortunately he only wore a few times.

Before he was bedridden he bought another watch in a retail store when he was able to walk. After he died I told the sad story to the manager and she was kind enough to allow me to return it given the circumstances. The two watches that he did buy we're not cheap they were hundreds of dollars.

Then there was another watch that my son bought his dad 9 days before he died for his 69th birthday that I gave back to my son for a keepsake.

And the third watch was the one he picked out on the internet and it was his last Christmas gift that I had bought and wrapped for him and he only wore it a few times in bed, then a couple years after he died I finally got the courage to sell it without being emotionally attached to it.

I still have many of his watches that he wore during our life together that he bought many years ago and will now be passed down to my son and grandsons.

Drummer_D

Last edited:
Until yesterday I have been using a kind of console/sofa table as a desk in the music room. I found a great deal on a desk ($25) and did not want to pass it up having missed out on two other suitable desks over the past few weeks. Well, it's a heckin' lot bigger than I had envisioned. Going from a width of 52" to 65" and an increase in depth of 10" makes the room a bit smaller. Thus, requiring a bit more re-arranging than I had anticipated. But it's such a sweet piece of furniture that I could not say "no".

The old desk:

SmallDesk.jpg

The new, probably too big desk:

NDD_12.jpg
It's got some lovely details:
NDD_09.jpg
Slide-out keyboard tray:
NDD_11.jpg

Thank you, again, for your indulgence.

Until yesterday I have been using a kind of console/sofa table as a desk in the music room. I found a great deal on a desk ($25) and did not want to pass it up having missed out on two other suitable desks over the past few weeks. Well, it's a heckin' lot bigger than I had envisioned. Going from a width of 52" to 65" and an increase in depth of 10" makes the room a bit smaller. Thus, requiring a bit more re-arranging than I had anticipated. But it's such a sweet piece of furniture that I could not say "no".

The old desk:

View attachment 126603

View attachment 126604
View attachment 126605
Slide-out keyboard tray:
View attachment 126606

That is a beautiful desk. I love the column legs.

The old desk:

View attachment 126603

View attachment 126604
View attachment 126605
Slide-out keyboard tray:
View attachment 126606

Beautiful desk... I would have bought it myself. Enjoy!

Thank you for the kind responses. I think I figured out how to make it work in the space, for now at least.

NewDeskReady.jpg

a new upstairs half bathroom. 42 year old original cheap everything ripped out and new being put in this weekend

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

should be done on Monday....woo hoo!!

Usually, I'm spending too much on gear. And this wasn't my intention. I did not need an acoustic guitar. That said, this showed up on OfferUp, and (for the price) I could not pass it up.

An Epiphone DR-100. Strictly entry-level, then again, so am I.
$50 on OfferUp; the gal selling it had all the case candy and included a nice stand to boot.

I oiled the neck, polished the body, and threw on a new set of strings. It sounds really nice for a cheap-o acoustic.

DR100_3401.jpg

DR100_3402.jpg

DR100_Back34R.jpg

DR100_FF_34.jpg

DR100_CC01.jpg

As ever, thank you for looking.

Usually, I'm spending too much on gear. And this wasn't my intention. I did not need an acoustic guitar. That said, this showed up on OfferUp, and (for the price) I could not pass it up.

An Epiphone DR-100. Strictly entry-level, then again, so am I.
$50 on OfferUp; the gal selling it had all the case candy and included a nice stand to boot.

I oiled the neck, polished the body, and threw on a new set of strings. It sounds really nice for a cheap-o acoustic.

View attachment 127037

View attachment 127038

View attachment 127039

View attachment 127040

View attachment 127041

As ever, thank you for looking.
It looks brand new. Great deal... enjoy!

image.jpeg
Back in August wife and I picked up 15 acres of heavily wooded property with remnants of an old homestead (pictured) just a mile from our house. I basically spent most of the summer cleaning up junk piles from the the 1930's. Now, we have another opportunity to pick up an adjoining 5 acres (with another collapsed structure that will have to be cleaned up). Some guys never learn! 😆

The seller and I have agreed on a price. We're just waiting on the title company.

The 5 acres is beautiful and will be even nicer once I get it cleaned up! Nice thing is that this 5 acres will link our property to 160 acres of state land and has the remnants of an old railroad bed dating back to around the 1890's.

Well, I noticed this morning that Zildjian 16” K Sweet crashes seemed to be on sale for the sweet price of $219.95 new. So I was thinking that was going to be my new percussion purchase.
And then the plumbing went out. For almost the entire house. On Thanksgiving.
So instead I spent almost the exact same amount to get two hotel rooms for the night.
And will have to shell out who knows how much tomorrow for a plumber, if I can even get one tomorrow.
I’d really much, much, much rather have had the cymbal.
0BB552D7-50BF-4EAB-904E-BE577BA26EEB.jpeg

My last post for things with strings. A couple of months ago I sold my Fender Vintera 70s Jazz bass and I almost immediately regretted it. Of course, I started looking for its replacement, and Amazon, knowing my weakness, eventually obliged with a Fender Player JB. Same Sunburst color, a different (maple) neck, and (unfortunately) less growly pickups.

If I had spent the $850 that the Player line is now commanding, I would have been disappointed in comparison to the Vintera. But, for $600 I would say that the price is commensurate with the instrument and is not bad at all.

The package!
NGD_Box.jpg

Foam sheet-wrapped goodness awaits!
NGD_Wrapped.jpg

Woo hoo!
NGD_JB01.jpg

The OEM pickguard is a little too bland for my tastes.
NGD_JB02.jpg

Nekkid bass:
NGD_JB_NoPG.jpg

I have a weakness for aged Pearloid:
NGD_NewPG.jpg

The Brothers Fender have been restored and my "family" is stable and complete.
Burst_Family.jpg

Burst_Family_CU.jpg

Guitar/Bass GAS has abated and I promise to stop clogging up the thread with stringed things. Thank you, one more time, for your patience.

My last post for things with strings. A couple of months ago I sold my Fender Vintera 70s Jazz bass and I almost immediately regretted it. Of course, I started looking for its replacement, and Amazon, knowing my weakness, eventually obliged with a Fender Player JB. Same Sunburst color, a different (maple) neck, and (unfortunately) less growly pickups.

If I had spent the $850 that the Player line is now commanding, I would have been disappointed in comparison to the Vintera. But, for $600 I would say that the price is commensurate with the instrument and is not bad at all.

The package!
View attachment 127312

View attachment 127313

Woo hoo!
View attachment 127314

View attachment 127315

Nekkid bass:
View attachment 127316

View attachment 127317

View attachment 127318

View attachment 127319

Guitar/Bass GAS has abated and I promise to stop clogging up the thread with stringed things. Thank you, one more time, for your patience.
I'm not a guitarist but I absolutely love all your white pearl ones!

The package!
View attachment 127312

View attachment 127313

Woo hoo!
View attachment 127314

View attachment 127315

Nekkid bass:
View attachment 127316

View attachment 127317

View attachment 127318

View attachment 127319

definitely replacing with white pearloid was the right choice!!!

I would also have had a ard time justifying letting a 70's era Fender go for a new one

Back