"Cymbal Craftsman" Paul Francis

bar-bashers are people too ; ) that may strive and achieve
lol aspire..

I might think he's not "charging".. rather it's what it takes -what he puts into it- He might not be- padding- a price at all..
You know - might be- the "big" (or bigger) companies have 'economies of scale' where materials and manpower cost them less ...+/-
"Soon as gets three more employees and bigger facilities the price might come down".

Last edited:
I felt charging what he does eliminates the "bar-bashers" that constitute the majority of drummers on here (and pretty much everywhere else).
That's all.

You're 100% right in how this went bad & if the Mods feel they should lock this, then so be it. I gave my $.02 and was put to the coals.
Oh well.
People kept posting answers to my reply with pictures & .gif's that don't make sense to me. So I'll dip on out of this thread. As of right now, I just don't care anymore.
If that’s what you meant to say you should have said that. Instead of the condescending uninformed nonsense ( avoiding profanity with that word instead of my usual ) that you actually wrote.

Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood country western and blues bar basher. Seriously.

If that’s what you meant to say you should have said that. Instead of the condescending uninformed nonsense ( avoiding profanity with that word instead of my usual ) that you actually wrote.

Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood country western and blues bar basher. Seriously.
Here's what I actually wrote:

"Considering he has an $1,100 ride, I don't doubt it.
While I'm sure he's a great guy in many ways, when you come across that level of ego they become someone you'll never buy from. And that's really bad for business.
I guess there's a lot of validity in "Don't meet your heroes". :("

I'm not seeing where I was using "condescending, uninformed nonsense" here. Other people (like the one I quoted) were worse towards Paul than I was, yet I'm targeted?
Really?

Some love him and that's great. It's my opinion that those who charge what he does is wrong for the "regular guys" like me.
That's all.
I stand by what I said and that's that. If it means I'm now the Drummerworld bad guy, then so be it. I said it before and I'll say it again: I just don't care anymore.

in particular thread went off twisted before you entered Cmd!

Last edited:
cymbal craftsman cymbals:
14 HH- $618
15 HH - $651
18- $423
19- $518
20- $559
21- $621
22- $621
26 - $1100 limited quantity

Various Ludwig single throw snare drums- $897
Crav and Joyful Noise - $1200 unlimited
old Ks- unlimited/ or next offer..
Remo heads- $14
Vic Firth sticks - $10
90s Pearl steel export 8L snare drum- priceless/free or pick up my bar tab

there that should settle it ; )

Last edited:
Here's what I actually wrote:

"Considering he has an $1,100 ride, I don't doubt it.
While I'm sure he's a great guy in many ways, when you come across that level of ego they become someone you'll never buy from. And that's really bad for business.
I guess there's a lot of validity in "Don't meet your heroes". :("

I'm not seeing where I was using "condescending, uninformed nonsense" here. Other people (like the one I quoted) were worse towards Paul than I was, yet I'm targeted?
Really?

Some love him and that's great. It's my opinion that those who charge what he does is wrong for the "regular guys" like me.
That's all.
I stand by what I said and that's that. If it means I'm now the Drummerworld bad guy, then so be it. I said it before and I'll say it again: I just don't care anymore.
I know what you wrote. And maybe you fail to see how it rubbed people the wrong way.

For me, it the part about “ that level of ego”. It’s like … what ? He’s pricing custom made cymbals at the same price as EVERY CUSTOM CYMBAL MAKER IN THE WORLD, practically the same as a new mass production machine hammered K Con. And he’s got an inflated ego based on that ? Really ? REALLY ? You want to say that about Matt Bettis, or Justin Ottovanio, or the guy in Australia, or the Yamamoto dude in Japan. Because by your account they all have inflated egos and are charging WAAAAAAY to much for a hand made instrument. And then you wanna double down on that too ? It’s “ wrong “ ?

I guess, in the end , I just don’t understand where that kind of thinking comes from.

Ok man. You take care. Happy drumming.

Last edited:

Can I just watch and share this in peace....LOL

Last edited:

1-16-23 Paul F. w/ Johnny D.
Watched this last night, and while I didn’t learn enough about cymbal making to do it myself, it was interesting at times.

Btw, in the last post of pg 1, I used the abbreviation AITH and should have used AITA, which is the fun Reddit game that’s all the rage with the kids these days. My apologies to Reddit.

no need to Quote me Jimmy it just rings my notification bell;

No need Wuhan tang ; ) To Quote me I ain't Abraham Lincoln this week or ever +/-
Altho I've been compared favorably @WuHan Solo

Whoops…sorry about that.

You CAN turn it off, you know?
Then I wouldn't have any service at all? no..
Just make it relevant Worth my while if you can ; )

:LOL:

If you're Nice I can get Johnny over here..
lol
He needs the exposure.

Let'sa try again. Look----> MOvIe

Last edited:
No need Wuhan tang ; ) To Quote me
There is. The reply button functions as it does for several (what should be) obvious reasons.
Not all of us are continuously on here typing the first thing that comes to mind(?) immediately after a post has been made, so responding to a post a day later without the quote would get pretty confusing.
But also, you go back and edit your posts (often multiple times) after a reply has been made, which could lead to the reply easily being misconstrued if your original post isn't there or has been altered.

I ain't Abraham Lincoln this week or ever +/-
Obviously. His entire formal education amounted to only about a year, and yet he was still capable of constructing a complete sentence. ; )

Just make it relevant Worth my while if you can ; )
Can we ask the same of you?

Back