Anybody Use A KickStrap?

I no what there for why do you want one.
The wood piece I used to use for my V Drum Kit isn't going to be big enough for my new acoustic kit. So I thought maybe a KickStrap would be easier to use than lugging around a drum rug.

It looks like an insurance device when there is nothing else, not a rug replacement entirely. Never used it, but I don't like how it lifts your bass drum pedal due to the tension on the strap. But I should still get one just have one in the bag for only $20-30, could save a song.

It looks like an insurance device when there is nothing else, not a rug replacement entirely. Never used it, but I don't like how it lifts your bass drum pedal due to the tension on the strap. But I should still get one just have one in the bag for only $20-30, could save a song.
where did you see it lifting the bass pedal? I believe you, I just didnt see that in any of the videos for it.

In my opinion one of the greatest drumming inventions are the two adjustable screw spikes on the DW bass drum pedals. Since using pedals with adjustable spikes and a drum rug, I have never had any more bass drum creep. I have even used those pedals on wooden stage floors with no rug. 50 years ago I used a rope tied to the bass drum and then wrapped around the stool.
I think the bass drum strap would work OK. But I love my pedals with spikes. Keep a sharp point on your pedal spikes

I guess this is for when you dont want to lug around a rug.

A rug doesn't just keep your drums from moving around. It also protects the floor underneath you. Venues will appreciate the effort.

You don't need a huge rug. A small Traffic Master 4x3 rug in a diamond position under the the kit - under the kick, throne and hi-hat - is enough. Or the 5x6 version set square if you want to visually claim more area with the rug.

Either size will roll up very tight, can be secured with a couple of bungee cords, or a wide strip of velcro, and left in the back of your car.

Bonus... the rugs can be used for other things. Not just your drums. The Kick Strap... not so much.

A rug doesn't just keep your drums from moving around. It also protects the floor underneath you. Venues will appreciate the effort.

You don't need a huge rug. A small Traffic Master 4x3 rug in a diamond position under the the kit - under the kick, throne and hi-hat - is enough. Or the 5x6 version set square if you want to visually claim more area with the rug.

Either size will roll up very tight, can be secured with a couple of bungee cords, or a wide strip of velcro, and left in the back of your car.

Bonus... the rugs can be used for other things. Not just your drums. The Kick Strap... not so much.
Agreed, the rug that I use was in our basement on the floor, 6X5" and it works perfectly And I still can use it for something else.

Well, maybe I wanna go rock climbing after the gig. Ever think of that? ;)

You can see it in the later half:
ah ok i missed it the first time. Sorry I'm a bit slow. 🤤
Yeah screw that! I found a 7X6 rug in my garage that seems like it'll work anyways so I guess I'm over it. :cool:

I recently got the Zildjian gig drum rug which is their smallest version. I haven't given it a spin yet but I like it already. It has weighted corners, a bass drum stopper and folds very small in a pouch for travel which is something I can't say for other home remedy solutions which all were bulky and filthy. So a bit pricier than normal but thought it was worth it. I'd still consider the kick strap, not every place is rug friendly. But seems there are alot of other drum rug brands but I liked the idea of the bass drum stopper built in, that is the main concern.

I recently got the Zildjian gig drum rug which is their smallest version. I haven't given it a spin yet but I like it already. It has weighted corners, a bass drum stopper and folds very small in a pouch for travel which is something I can't say for other home remedy solutions which all were bulky and filthy. So a bit pricier than normal but thought it was worth it. I'd still consider the kick strap, not every place is rug friendly. But seems there are alot of other drum rug brands but I liked the idea of the bass drum stopper built in, that is the main concern.

dang this would be perfect for me if it was just a little bigger. I'm gonna be using a regular old house throw rug for the time being, and I think it'll work but yeah i love the weights and built-in stopper thing. :love:

I really like these ideas from Gecko using structure and Van Der Waals forces. I want to try Geckskin and strategically place to hold. Maybe take a piece of carpet cut to smallest footprint for kick and hats and back with this product?

dang this would be perfect for me if it was just a little bigger. I'm gonna be using a regular old house throw rug for the time being, and I think it'll work but yeah i love the weights and built-in stopper thing. :love:
They have the bigger one, but no bass drum stop and twice the price 😭

From you avatar, you may enjoy the animal skin look 🦓

At lease all are rubber backed, thin and have nifty sack that rolls up small

I really like these ideas from Gecko using structure and Van Der Waals forces. I want to try Geckskin and strategically place to hold. Maybe take a piece of carpet cut to smallest footprint for kick and hats and back with this product?
interesting. How'd they get Bob Odenkirk to do the voice-over? I didn't even know he did that.

You can see it in the later half:
Man, that must be very dangerous if you're in the dark on a stage and you've forgotten about the damn kickstrap!!! It should be reflective color made. It's a matter of time before someone gets hurt by getting their foot caught at the beginning or end of a gig.

Back