Movies about Music

Macarina

Silver Member
Surprisingly, I did not find a thread on Movies About Music… documentaries, yes. If, I’m wrong, kill this post.

Today on FX, one of my fav’s is on… awesome fantasy concept about a man waking up in a world where other people are not aware of the Beatles.

YESTERDAY

A few more I find highly entertaining…

RUDDERLESS

BEGIN AGAIN

NOWHERE BOY

Did not mean to be Beatles heavy, but they are good.

What are some of your recommendations?

I saw the one about the man waking and being the only one who knows the Beatles. I am ready to watch the new Disney + documentary, Get Back

I loved the new Queen movie. I really like "Walk the Line" too.

Spinal Tap

/thread

1664985382335.png

bbut seriously, for me it is these:

all of the ones in this series

An insightful validity at how they handled themselves whilst in and out of the studio and touring trenches. 😏
Even had ‘hired guns’ not stunt actors for The Catman and Space Ace when they didn’t show for scenes and takes.

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park:

Just 4 outta this world dudes with appropriately fitted special powers.

KISS-Meets-the-Phantom-of-the-Park-kiss-37092490-500-244.gif

Whiplash

That Thing You Do

Help!

A Hard Day's Night

An insightful validity at how they handled themselves whilst in and out of the studio and touring trenches. 😏
Even had ‘hired guns’ not stunt actors for The Catman and Space Ace when they didn’t show for scenes and takes.

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park:

Just 4 outta this world dudes with appropriately fitted special powers.

KISS-Meets-the-Phantom-of-the-Park-kiss-37092490-500-244.gif
Some awesome CGI there for sure 😄

Having said that, I remember being beyond excited as a 4-year old to see this in the cinema since it combined my obsession with KISS and superheroes at the time.

I just saw this last night. It was VERY well done, and Cate Blanchette will certainly be nominated for best actress at the Academy Awards (and she’ll most likely win—she was that good). But be warned, this film is not for everyone. If you’re used to only seeing “popcorn flicks” where everything is spoon fed to the audience and it all wraps up in the end with a nice big bow, then you most likely won’t like this. But if you like intelligent films made for a sophisticated audience, then I can’t recommend this highly enough.

Back