Whiskey drinkers?

Hmmm

Try Blanton's if you see it around, good stuff.

I appreciate the craft. A really great bourbon is like the paradiddle. Mandatory in the bar keep skill set.

Yep, can't beat a nice bourbon. The way booze ought to taste! Looking forward to trying the Blanton's.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MT

Little tip I'm not ashamed to say I got from one of the Star Trek films.

Bourbon and beans.

Great for when you're out cammping and you're having a meal at night. Baked beans cooked with whiskey haha.

Tbh I don't care for Scotch, I don't mind Irish or English, even French. But as I said I am partial to that ol' New Orleans stuff haha.

Guess I’ll revive this 10 year old post on this lazy Sunday afternoon. I lately (last few years) have discovered the wonderful world of bourbons. In particular Old Fashions. Experimenting with bourbons, bitters and sweet portions.

Today I have a few go to bourbons. Well, more than a few 😏.

Legent
Old Forrester (most of the varieties)
1792 small batch
Buffalo Trace
Angel Envy

and always dependable… Elijah Craig small batch, Rebel Yell 100 & Evan Williams BIB.

With regards to the mixes… Tiki Old Fashion my fav, recently tryin Italian Old Fashion, Coffee Old Fashion, Chocolate Old Fashion and new fav of Grapefruit Old Fashion. Yep, sounds well not good, but done right, it’s VERY good.

My fave bourbon is JD, but my favourite tipple is single malt Scotch whisky. I’m partial to The MacAllan and Glenfiddich! 🥃 My fave whisky story is when I paid a visit to a whisky bar with friends in Edinburgh and outrageously paid £20 for a single shot of 1972 MacAllan. Smoothest scotch I’ve ever tasted and a once in a lifetime experience…:p🥃

Ah booze I use drink scotch, bourbons, Irish/Canadian/Tennessee whiskies , gin, tequila, mezcal, but no rum or vodka. No red wine and rarely white wines, but drink about any beer. But I don’t drink much now- a special occasion, vacation or holiday. I miss smoking my pipes (have a nice handmade one, as well as other nice ones) and cigars on occasion, but it’s to easy to get addicted. Now I just assist my endogenous anandamide and 2-archidonoyl glyerol with an exogenous booster.

Any fellow whiskey drinkers on Drummerworld? I enjoy a good glass of whiskey or bourbon after work. (Moderation, of course, is key. Well, most of the time.

I enjoy Crown Royal but, lately, I've been enjoying Rebel Yell. Delicious.

Any recommendations?

MT
Blantons my friend try some blantons

A few years ago, my wife and I toured the Woodford Reserve distillery. While a relatively newish brand, their historic buildings command as much interest from architectural enthusiasts as their whiskey does, with the nation’s oldest stone Rickhouse dating back to around 1840.

Woodford’s higher priced Double Oaked (Around $57) tastes exactly like what I always KNEW whiskey would taste like when I was kid watching those Bugs Bunny cartoons in the Old West. (Butter scotch for adults :) ) It just took me 30 years to find it.

That’s not even necessarily their finest bottle. Their standard version (at about $18 less) is a very lovely sipping whiskey (Just splash a couple drops of water), and it also makes a perfect Old-Fashioned.

Seriously, their beautiful, historic grounds make Woodford Reserve the Noble & Cooley of American spirits. And yes, you can use that quote.

woodford.jpeg

Massive whisky drinker.
Used to run and may start again, a monthly tasting club in London.
Want to make it, have studied distilling.
Favourites....geek question. White wine barrel aged heavily peated drams where possible, but they're hard to find. Murry McDavid is a great independent bottler for that kind of thing.
For instance I had a phenomenal Viognier aged Bowmore a while back that I picked up for a cheese pairing event as the cheese and viognier both came from Condru in France.

If going American it's all about rye. Bourbons great for shots or cocktails but I don't trust many bars to make an old fashioned right (I am that awful customer who will send it back if its served in under 10 minutes!). Only bar I have found in London that would make it to my taste, it cost me £50!!
I use Canadian Club for my bars house boulevardier which works really well, right rye content to marry with the campari and vermouth.

I'm actually a massive fan of the "style" of whisky I used to dedicate at least one tasting a year to - whisky from non whisky countries.
Indian like Amrut, Taiwanese like Cavalan (or interestingly the Taiwanese state department of Tobacco and Alcohol got jealous of Cavalan and launched their own brand. Would old Boris or half the other world leaders have a better popularity if they launched a drinks brand?:ROFLMAO:).
My favourite of which would be Glen Els - Ember, a German distillery who beechwood smoke their malt (think bavarian cheese or Rauchbier) rather than peat smoke as per scotch tradition. So good. Don't know what it's called now though, they got in trouble for sounding too Scottish with "Glen" in the name, although post brexit who knows...

Scotch on the rocks always looks good when I see someone drinking it. Years later I try one....cant do it. The bartender poured me a shot of Jim Beam as well as a Johnny Walker red....ill take the red easily but it'll never be a part of my saturday night fun. That's dedicated to a hefty IPA..preferrably new England style.

Ah booze I use drink scotch, bourbons, Irish/Canadian/Tennessee whiskies , gin, tequila, mezcal, but no rum or vodka. No red wine and rarely white wines, but drink about any beer. But I don’t drink much now- a special occasion, vacation or holiday. I miss smoking my pipes (have a nice handmade one, as well as other nice ones) and cigars on occasion, but it’s to easy to get addicted. Now I just assist my endogenous anandamide and 2-archidonoyl glyerol with an exogenous booster.
I’ve read this 3 times now and still can’t figure out if you’re a whisky drinker… 😂 (y) 🥃

Glenmorangie for me. I like light and fruity scotches myself, nothing that tastes like a burnt stick. I keep a bottle around and have some on a special occasion.

Redbreast is a wonderful Irish whiskey that finds itself in my liquor cabinet from time to time.

As for a weekly drinker, it's Drambuie for me with a bit of ice.

Last edited:
Woodford Reserve and Blanton's for bourbon. Whistle Pig rye. I like Lagavulin 16 scotch . For the money you really can't beat Woodford. Don Julio 1942 or Anejo when sipping tequila. A nice Bloody Mary for a hair of the dog.

I used to think of this as smaltzy...but its true...no matter what it is, its better with good friends and good conversation.

Woodford’s higher priced Double Oaked (Around $57) tastes exactly like what I always KNEW whiskey would taste like when I was kid watching those Bugs Bunny cartoons in the Old West. (Butter scotch for adults :) ) It just took me 30 years to find it.

That’s not even necessarily their finest bottle. Their standard version (at about $18 less) is a very lovely sipping whiskey (Just splash a couple drops of water), and it also makes a perfect Old-Fashioned.

Seriously, their beautiful, historic grounds make Woodford Reserve the Noble & Cooley of American spirits. And yes, you can use that quote.

View attachment 106904

Double Oaked is a nice bottle, and you’re absolutely correct about the Old West vibe! High West Double Rye is in the same vein. You might like Bookers, too, if you haven’t tried it.

If going American it's all about rye. Bourbons great for shots or cocktails but I don't trust many bars to make an old fashioned right (I am that awful customer who will send it back if its served in under 10 minutes!). Only bar I have found in London that would make it to my taste, it cost me £50!!
I use Canadian Club for my bars house boulevardier which works really well, right rye content to marry with the campari and vermouth.

I dig Ryes a lot. Have you checked out High West? If you can find it, the Midwinter Dram is killer.

Angels Envy Rye and Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye are a couple of my current favorites.

My favorite is Wold Turkey 101, but just about any low cost bourbon will do. Old Crow or Ten High are both acceptable fill ins.

Is whiskey bourbon?..can bourbon be whiskey?. What is the difference in taste. I also hear bourbon sippers say that you want single malt..why?. One of these Saturday nights I might put on a cartegen sweater and stroll in doing my best Rat Pack cool guy asking for a single malt but I need to know what I'm talking about.

My favorite is Wold Turkey 101, but just about any low cost bourbon will do. Old Crow or Ten High are both acceptable fill ins.
Wild Turkey is good sipping whiskey I prefer it to Evan Williams. I always kept a bottle of Wild Turkey in my truck for medicinal purposes during hunting season- because you don't need a mixer.

Yes Bourbon is a whiskey and it is made mostly from corn-whiskey In general can be made from malted barley or various grains-plain barley, wheat or rye. Unless specified as single barrel/malt/mash or batch type whiskey many are blended from various grains and distributors. A single mash or pot is unique to that batch.

Back