Help deciding on maple kit...

Last time I checked, trying to decipher the logic of someone giving suggestions about something that occurred two years ago doesn’t equal mental illness. And “drives me nuts” is just an expression. It’s not like this is actually driving me insane.

But Larry is right, this whole zombie resurrection thing is very fresh on everyone’s mind due to that other thread.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. What other faux pas do you have planned for us?

Gretsch has really improved with their catalina line and I would highly recommend them. Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, Gretsch, Mapex are all high quality kits. They likely have more features than a used kit and you will also get a warranty with a new kit. Pearl offers a lifetime warranty. You wont get that with a used kit.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. What other faux pas do you have planned for us?
I'm just grateful there was no mention of PDP X7/Concept Maple. We know how THAT would go. 😂 Dodged THAT bullet;)

Welcome to Drummerworld, Johnburkhalter(y)(y)(y)

If used is not an option, you'll need to wait for a clearance or blowout sale which happens periodically. The objective is to obtain a $1500-1750 tier kit for under ~1000. Gretsch Renown/Marquee, Yamaha Live Custom, Mapex Saturn, etc.... It happens pretty often, though it takes some patience and effort.
Hit your local GC and snoop around.I picked up a new Ludwig custom maple for a $1k about a month ago.
1627584415317.jpeg
Saw a new Yamaha Tour custom maple kit for a little over a $1k the other day.

Hit your local GC and snoop around.I picked up a new Ludwig custom maple for a $1k about a month ago.
View attachment 106790
Saw a new Yamaha Tour custom maple kit for a little over a $1k the other day.

You definitely got the pick of the litter there. (y)

My local GC also had a deal on a new Tour Custom set,
but I've only seen one new Ludwig Classic Maple set there in all the time I've been going there.
No deal on it either before it was gone

It wasnt a joke. The fact that someone gets so distressed from a persons "late" comment could be a sign of mental illness. It's not normal to get irritated by something like a late comment. Also there are people w hi o come across these posts after the fact looking for answers to the same question. All opinions are important and I'm assuming I'm not the only person in this vastly populated world who came across this post late. Again, I truly apologize if a late post caused so many issues. Going forward I will keep you both in mind before I comment. Thanks and I hope you have a great day.

"Again, I truly apologize if a late post caused so many issues.'

This is what I hate about "apologies" nowadays. Your apology in my opinion is disingenuous. You didn't get called out for a late post, you got called out for an offhand remark related to mental heath.

Back