Zombie Threads

All this talk of eliminating annoying zombie threads could have collateral damage. All my streaming verbiage is the GetAgrippa codex so someone has to decipher the cryptic messages and put it all together to expose the hidden messages. Any part deleted could scramble the whole thing- it took an AI Super- computer 3 days to create the unbreakable cryptic code that no man or machine can ever break. I don’t think we want to go ticking off AI Super- computers it doesn’t usually end well.

I'm still pretty new here but I've noticed that you guys like to resurrect threads that are years-old and long-dormant. I was just reading a thread about mid-level snare drums that come with drum kits and realized the thread was from 2016.

So yeah-- what's up with

All this talk of eliminating annoying zombie threads could have collateral damage. All my streaming verbiage is the GetAgrippa codex so someone has to decipher the cryptic messages and put it all together to expose the hidden messages. Any part deleted could scramble the whole thing- it took an AI Super- computer 3 days to create the unbreakable cryptic code that no man or machine can ever break. I don’t think we want to go ticking off AI Super- computers it doesn’t usually end well.
GetAgrippa “Crystal Quartz” member status doesn’t sound that far of a stretch.

I can deal with Z. Years of AutoCad and Revit solved that issue. My problem goes like this:

A tree casts a shadow of 37'. Its 2 o'clock in the afternoon. How tall is the tree?

I can do it, but differently. Congruency (geometry) is my friend. I know the trig is faster but it just doesnt click.

What time of year, which continent, longitude, latitude, and how fast is the train from Chicago going?

What will happen when this thread becomes a zombie thread? Will it open a worm hole into another dimension?

What will happen when this thread becomes a zombie thread? Will it open a worm hole into another dimension?

Maybe you should put a reminde in your Google calendar r to bring it back to life in 2025. What could possibly go wrong?

*sets a reminder to bump this thread in five years time*

EDIT: dammit Neil Pert just got there before me!!

Take off the date stamp and there would be no problem.

I don't care if a thread is x amount of years old. To me it's like a diary.

Among other things, I could say, "Oh this was the attitude before COVID" for example.

I think they are treasures from the past, old threads, and don't want to see them go away, ever. There are members that are no longer here and I have to say I do enjoy being surprised by reading their posts in old threads. Our old threads have historical value, to me at least.

Plus I find it completely adorable when a brand new member's first post is in response to a 10 YO thread. Precious :)

I was thinking of researching all my old threads, copying what I like and compiling a book. I mean I already wrote it, it's on DW's servers. Just in no particular order.

The only old threads I want to go away are my worn out, no longer relevant, old clothes.

Imagine if there were forums in say Baby Dodds days. Wouldn't we consider it a complete treasure to read what was in the mind of drummers from that era? We are doing the same thing, only in this era, which would be totally fascinating and interesting to musicians to read a hundred years or more from now. Let's not deny them.
THIS. Is perfectly stated.

What time of year, which continent, longitude, latitude, and how fast is the train from Chicago going?
There is no train.

I don't mind them, but it is sort of funny when people reply to a post about "Which snare should I get?" from 2005. I usually just skip over them due to the posting date. With that said, updates are pretty cool though.

I was thinking of researching all my old threads, copying what I like and compiling a book. I mean I already wrote it, it's on DW's servers. Just in no particular order.

I agree with just about everything you've said on this topic. This reminds me of something I mentioned in a previous thread that seems to have gone unnoticed (not unlike a lot of what I post), possibly because I didn't give much detail.

To the point that DW posts have real value, a musicologist who has extensively researched "gear acquisition syndrome" has included your post on the topic in his extensive analysis (see page 191 of the document linked here).

By sharing your genuine and thoughtful experiences on this forum, you've unwittingly contributed to the sum of human knowledge on gear acquisition syndrome.

I agree with just about everything you've said on this topic. This reminds me of something I mentioned in a previous thread that seems to have gone unnoticed (not unlike a lot of what I post), possibly because I didn't give much detail.

To the point that DW posts have real value, a musicologist who has extensively researched "gear acquisition syndrome" has included your post on the topic in his extensive analysis (see page 191 of the document linked here).

By sharing your genuine and thoughtful experiences on this forum, you've unwittingly contributed to the sum of human knowledge on gear acquisition syndrome.
First, thank you for the kind words. Second, I'm impressed that you found this, and that you recognized it, and even found the thread it came from. 1000 thank yous. Make it a million.

Kinda made my day, knowing my words are in a published in a book. That I can prove lol, thanks to your diligence.

Thanks so much for that my friend.

Back on topic, I'm guessing Bernhard had no intention of deleting the old threads, that's more a member thing. I think.

This topic is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. Meaning: if you reply to an old thread you get a handful of people who jump down your throat for resurrecting a dated thread HOWEVER if you start a new thread about a topic that's already been discussed at length several years ago you get a separate handful of people who jump down your throat for starting a new thread when one already exists.

Back