Guitar Center sale on Zildjian K Sweet and Custom Dark

GretschedHive

Gold Member
Guitar Center's got a 20% sale going on until July 28th.

217444109_23847965920720073_2085044130890924554_n.jpg

Sadly, but understandably, it doesn't seem to apply to the K Sweet pack. Alas.

This link should work, but you need to put the item in your cart to see what the price'll be. (You don't need to go through with the purchase, obviously.)

(No affiliation, yadda yadda yadda.)

I just got a 2002 24 ride which is (in fact) the greatest ride cymbal ever produced but after doing a ton! of listening to the 21..23..sweet ride A's and 24 medium ride there is something that the 21 does to me. I can't believe I'm considering a zildjian ride but I'm hooked on that thing. 20%..hmm...memphis drumshop is in the crystal ball.

I just got a 2002 24 ride which is (in fact) the greatest ride cymbal ever produced but after doing a ton! of listening to the 21..23..sweet ride A's and 24 medium ride there is something that the 21 does to me. I can't believe I'm considering a zildjian ride but I'm hooked on that thing. 20%..hmm...memphis drumshop is in the crystal ball.
We seem to have similar taste in rides. My two favourites are my 24" 2002 and my 21" K Sweet.

Bozo - you meant the 21 A Sweet, right?

I think that's pretty much the standard go to these days, like the regular 20" A was in the past.
21 A sweet yes sir. I don't like A's at all!. Never ever did but I'm losing sleep over my affair with the 21A sweet. I played one at guitar center and just went what?..no way!. I still hit youtube and absolutely love every single post on that ride. I won't sleep much tonight now. Hitting YouTube with the phones right now.

I don't understand the hype around the 21" A Sweet ride. I had one myself and sold it.. the buyer in the parking lot was crazy about it.. I was looking at him and could not understand how special that cymbal was.

And it continues to this day!

I tried the K Sweet in a store not long time ago, that one left me a strong positive impression.. but the A, nothing to do, it was not working with jazz.

Actually I didn't know about the hype on the sweet ride. While listening to various rides after my big beat dilemna I was listening to a plethora of brands and sizes. The 24 medium zildjian played by pridjen impressed me alot but that 21 A sweet hit a nerve. While at guitar center I was just wasting a few minutes and decided to lightly play every ride in the cymbal room. I didn't know I was even playing a 21 A sweet when I got to it but stopped and thought whoa..this is the one. Forget all the rest and concerning zildjian I'm a k guy actually. I just love the softness and buttery quality of the 21 in particular.

I don't understand the hype around the 21" A Sweet ride. I had one myself and sold it..
Me neither. I’ve owned 5 of them, each time I bought one thinking that maybe I’d like it, or maybe the previous specimens I bought weren’t the best. I’ve had more luck with 21” crashes to get “that” sound. The 21” A Sweet Ride sounds like your typical crash ride—it *kinda* sounds like both, but not so great as either.

Man - prices sure have gone up. A 23" K Sweet Ride is over $500, and even with the 20% off it's still a hair over $400.
Nice cymbals, but the prices are getting out of hand.
I was just going to point out that there was a a significant price hike by Zildjian and Sabian the past couple of months.

Me neither. I’ve owned 5 of them, each time I bought one thinking that maybe I’d like it, or maybe the previous specimens I bought weren’t the best. I’ve had more luck with 21” crashes to get “that” sound. The 21” A Sweet Ride sounds like your typical crash ride—it *kinda* sounds like both, but not so great as either.
5 of them 😮

I still have an A Sweet Ride. I like it, but I like the K Sweet Ride I've got much better.
If someone is going to get one, I think the K is worth the extra money.
That's what i thought instantly while trying the K in a store.

Back