Jonathan Moffett

LiveandDangerous

Forgive me if there is a thread already, I searched every variation on the spelling of his name and couldn't find a dedicated thread.

Sugarfoot. What a powerhouse drummer. The videos he did for Drumeo where he plays through Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Beat It are amongst my favourite ever footage of drumming. So precise, he doesn't break a sweat.

Fantastic drummer for sure.

Forgive me if there is a thread already, I searched every variation on the spelling of his name and couldn't find a dedicated thread.

Sugarfoot. What a powerhouse drummer. The videos he did for Drumeo where he plays through Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Beat It are amongst my favourite ever footage of drumming. So precise, he doesn't break a sweat.

I recall a comment from his wife that he hadn't touched any of this material (maybe even drums) since MJ passed away and then lays down a killer pocket while doing behind-the-back one-hand cymbal chokes :cool:

Didn't he play for Madonna in her early years?

I saw Madonna's blonde ambition show specifically to see him play and he killed it, of course. She's had a who's who of studio greats on her albums over the years. Porcaro, Hakim, Thompson and I'm probably missing some
Saw that show myself in L.A. as I was living in Monterrey at the time. Then saw her Truth or Dare video of that show & it just made me appreciate it that much more.

I saw Madonna's blonde ambition show specifically to see him play and he killed it, of course. She's had a who's who of studio greats on her albums over the years. Porcaro, Hakim, Thompson and I'm probably missing some
JR Robinson on a few hits too I believe like a virgin

That would be Tony Thompson killing it on that particular track. And since it’s Bernard Edwards on base and Nile Rodgers on guitar and producing, it’s essentially a Chic record with Madonna on vocals. Which is to say: awesome.
Right on I love anything TT is on

Back