British Drum Company needs to stop doing this...

Because Premiers history is tainted, and for the last years Wonky.

Also Premier is said still to be exist (see why its a slippery slope) and still makes drums.
Well, we have some example of brand rebirth that were successful. As a european, I think of Skoda for instance. But to stay on drums, every drummer older than 30 y.o know Premier, and it's widespread between budget line to high end. Many drummers have never heard about British Drum Co and their virtual kits in 3D rendering.

Might it be a case that they (BDC) don't have kits pre-built in all the finishes to photograph?
They're a pretty small manufacturer, and would be quite an effort to make a kit in every finish on the hope someone buys it...

Well, we have some example of brand rebirth that were successful. As a european, I think of Skoda for instance. But to stay on drums, every drummer older than 30 y.o know Premier, and it's widespread between budget line to high end. Many drummers have never heard about British Drum Co and their virtual kits in 3D rendering.
True. But the last 20-25 years weret very glorious for Premier even here in Europe.

So I can totally see why Keith wanted to start fresh and not just another revival of Premier (which by then it had a few times).

If it wasn’t for Yamaha’s financial injection Premier would have died earlier.

And don’t under estimate how known BDC is already, especially now Remo handles worldwide distribution.

Might it be a case that they (BDC) don't have kits pre-built in all the finishes to photograph?
They're a pretty small manufacturer, and would be quite an effort to make a kit in every finish on the hope someone buys it...
Fair enough, but if you go on Instagram you can see several drummers playing their sets in a variety of finishes. Why not take pictures of those drums before you send them out?

It doesn't bother me and I don't think it's a big deal. They have all sorts of pics on their website.

Re the finishes on their site, I get the impression that BDC are punching considerably above their weight and as has been previously suggested they don't have the ability to manufacture and assemble dozens of kits in identical configurations for their colour chart. That being said, providing a gallery of customer orders, even if it's just one drum could be something they could consider. However I've been on other manufacturers sites where they have a template of a tom tom and you flick through the colours which surely must be the same as, or very close to, a full render.

Re the Premier thing, I never considered Keith Keogh's kits to be "true Premier" kits. They were lovely and excellently made but to me Premier was never about eye watering prices and bespoke wood finishes, they were more about well made, hand built, reasonably priced, factory assembled drums. The industry has moved on and the days of woodworkers and craftsmen in brown duster coats on a shop floor making all ranges of kits almost next to each other are gone. BDC is probably as close to old Premier as possible and their current kits are certainly more like Premier kits than Keith's Premier kits were, but times have changed and the things that made Premier so good ultimately led to their downfall so shouldn't be replicated.

Back