My New to Me Vintage Ludwigs

Chunkaway

Silver Member
I recently decided to buy a player's kit to be able to use whenever I have to go to places that are a bit sketchy or if I'm sharing gear. I stumbled across a Ludwig Downbeat set from 1967. Then I found a 16" floor tom and a 22" bass for reasonable prices. So, what started off as just a cheap, little kit has ...well.. expanded. Regardless, I really like this set up.

Sizes in the pictures are 20/16/14/12IMG_2121 resize.jpgIMG_2122 (1) resize.jpgIMG_2123 - resize.jpgIMG_2125 resize.jpg

Beautiful set! What are you using to ground the spurs to the ground? I have a 1967 Ludwig and the bass drums spurs are
the main reason I don't gig more with them.

Nice setup!

You can erase that upside down Remo logo with a little acetone if it bothers you. I'm OCD enough that I would want to. ;)

Beautiful set! What are you using to ground the spurs to the ground? I have a 1967 Ludwig and the bass drums spurs are
the main reason I don't gig more with them.

KB Brakes...and they are AWESOME! I love them!

Nice setup!

You can erase that upside down Remo logo with a little acetone if it bothers you. I'm OCD enough that I would want to. ;)

Haha! It actually drives me a little crazy, but what's worse is the head is slightly off-center which drives me batty.

That's a very nice kit, not my idea of a players kit at all, my profile pic is a Ludwig players kit.

Do not use this on any gig that you'll be sharing gear. You'll regret it when some shedbuilder damages it.

Back