Recommend some drummers that are not yet on drummerworld

Clive Bunker, yes. Bob Siebenberg of Supertramp should be added, Mike Botts (session musician and drummer of the then ultra popular band Bread) and Fernando Ricciardi, one of the most important Latin rock drummers ever (Los fabulous Cadillacs, Cienfuego,...)

Jon Fishman of Phish......

He was on Drummer World for years and was taken down, I don't know why. I know Phish is protective of their material being solicited and have had many 3rd party reaction videos taken down with their material, that may be a cause. One of my most major influences and more than deserving so it's a bit unsettling.

Dan Weiss definitely belongs here.

Phillip "Fish" Fisher (Fishbone, Wicked Wisdom, sessions & tours including Justin Timberlake)

I was surprised not to find Arejay Hale of Halestorm and Will Hunt of Evanescence on the list.

Not a famous drummer at all but I wanted to share a video of Marcy from a band called kamomekamome.
Of course me liking his band plays a big role in this but the dude has amazing feeling and technique that's not common in this genre. I love watching his smooth drumming, especially the part at 2:10 followed by the fast RRL pattern on the hi-hat.

Finally there's a piece in 4/4 that showcases this guy's insane playing! I had a hard time finding a regular 4/4 piece where he shines as he does in just about every other odd time composition.

From witnessing his "force of nature" style of playing (and I'm not exaggerating) live with Aka Moon in the 90's, to him substituting for another teacher at one of my exams in those years,... incredibly intimidating btw...this guy has had a major influence on me. He's an absolute master of odd meters and polyrhythms.

He has played on numerous projects, but he's probably most known for his work with Aka Moon, Axelle Red, and the Joe Zawinul's Syndicate (rip).

Jan Pfennig
DnB player out of Berlin, one of my favorite recent finds!
(Warning: the 'f' word I used 1 time in this video in case you are at work or have little ears nearby)

Graham Lear. Played with Gino Vanelli and Santana, among others.

Last edited:
Back