Gretsch Dealer of the Year

Thanks for sharing!!

I'd like to share something:

I called Drum Center of Portsmouth recently looking for a new foot pedal. I spoke to James and told him about my issue with my DW 9000 (which I regrettably did not purchase from them). James told me that as much as he'd love to sell me a new pedal, that I didn't need one. He told me how to fix my issue and couldn't have been more helpful. The guy literally spent 10 minutes on the phone with me helping me with a pedal I didn't buy from him. I'm not sure there is any drum seller as professional as this store is. No one else would have told me to save my money and inform me how to fix the problem.

They have always been so helpful and I try to give them my business when possible. Plus, they have the best videos and come off as truly nice guys. Well done gentlemen.

Last edited:
I'd like to share something:

I called Drum Center of Portsmouth recently looking for a new foot pedal. I spoke to James and told him about my issue with my DW 9000 (which I regrettably did not purchase from them). James told me that as much as he'd love to sell me a new pedal, that I didn't need one. He told me how to fix my issue and couldn't have been more helpful. The guy literally spent 10 minutes on the phone with me helping me with a pedal I didn't buy from him. I'm not sure there is any drum seller as professional as this store is. No one else would have told me to save my money and inform me how to fix the problem.

They have always been so helpful and I try to give them my business when possible. Plus, they have the best videos and come off as truly nice guys. Well done gentlemen.
So glad we were able to help you out and yeah, James is great!

Totally agree about how great DCP is to work with. They always answer my questions and get back to me with information in a timely manner. I ordered a Gretsch bass drum recently from them (Joe helped me, I believe) and they were just the best to work with.

Oh, and I love their videos!

Totally agree about how great DCP is to work with. They always answer my questions and get back to me with information in a timely manner. I ordered a Gretsch bass drum recently from them (Joe helped me, I believe) and they were just the best to work with.

Oh, and I love their videos!
Great! Thanks for the kind words!

Oh wow, congrats guys!!! Kinda feel like I've contributed a bit too as I've recently purchased a beautiful Gretsch USA Custom Bronze snare. Killer snare! Love it! But the best part for me is that i am all the way from Moscow, Russia yet when time comes to purchase something significant I always shoot an email to Shane and he always helps and always offers a great price too. Couldn't be happier to be honest. Music knows no boundaries, literally! Thank you guys! You've always been a great sport to deal with! A few of my drummer mates are very keen to purchase from you too after hearing about my experience. Cheers!

Another DCP story: I’ve been shopping online with DCP since I first saw Shane demoing products on YouTube many years ago. Since then, I’ve emailed Shane and Tony numerous times; getting their advice and opinion on snares, drums, hardware, pricing....etc. Each and every time that I’ve asked a million and one questions, they’ve ALWAYS responded in a timely and enthusiastic manner. I can’t stress this enough, Shane and Tony are great people who really care about the drumming community. No matter what your skill level is or your price point, these guys do their best to help you. I truly appreciate their commitment, professionalism, and friendship over the years. Congratulations on the prestigious award. Well deserved!

Congrats on the Gretsch award! Very well deserved.
I called DCP last week to make a purchase. I was surprised when Shane answered and took my order. I had lots of questions about a particular cymbal line. Shane patiently answered each question, even though I had called about a drum. In any event, a gorgeous 22" kick arrived on my doorstep yesterday in Florida, less than 72 hours after placing the order. Very impressed by DCP's service.

Another DCP story: I’ve been shopping online with DCP since I first saw Shane demoing products on YouTube many years ago. Since then, I’ve emailed Shane and Tony numerous times; getting their advice and opinion on snares, drums, hardware, pricing....etc. Each and every time that I’ve asked a million and one questions, they’ve ALWAYS responded in a timely and enthusiastic manner. I can’t stress this enough, Shane and Tony are great people who really care about the drumming community. No matter what your skill level is or your price point, these guys do their best to help you. I truly appreciate their commitment, professionalism, and friendship over the years. Congratulations on the prestigious award. Well deserved!
Thanks as always Joe!

Back