What are you listening to right now?

Ross Hannafords Lucky Dog did a Killer Reggae version of Close To You..

A little PJ Harvey. Rob Ellis' amazing drumming is always spot on.

Why? To satisfy your desire for the perfect blend of folksy clean cut with hard edged rocker under 80
One morning in 1979 or 1980 I was sitting in a pew during the Sunday service at St. Stephens Uniting Church in Sydney, Australia. I thought it was odd that people were turning around to have a look at me, trying to be unobtrusive, but staring nonetheless. After some time I looked over my right shoulder and, sure enough, Pat Boone was sitting right behind me. Had a good yarn with him after the service, truly a nice guy. Just today I saw him on TV in a BathFitter commercial. He still looks pretty good.

One morning in 1979 or 1980 I was sitting in a pew during the Sunday service at St. Stephens Uniting Church in Sydney, Australia. I thought it was odd that people were turning around to have a look at me, trying to be unobtrusive, but staring nonetheless. After some time I looked over my right shoulder and, sure enough, Pat Boone was sitting right behind me. Had a good yarn with him after the service, truly a nice guy. Just today I saw him on TV in a BathFitter commercial. He still looks pretty good.

That is a great story! I have to give you kudos- not many people will travel that far to meet a celebrity no matter how nice they might be.

Pat Boone has quite an interesting story too...and talk about staying power. A couple of years ago he was forced to retire from the Senior Olympic 80-84 basketball team because of turning 85. But after listening to some of his metal covers I think I'll stick to the original artist :)

I am listening to drummer Carl Allen's album Testimonial. It is jazz from 1995. Peace and goodwill.

Ahh I see.

Seeing someone else listening to a band you were once in is almost like hearing yourself on the radio.

yep...my band, Go Robot, Go, had some of our songs in the tv show Dawsons Creek a few years back - like no more than 15-30 seconds per episode - but it was weird to hear while watching

Back