Lyrics you just got wrong

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
So a few weeks back I was listening to my hands down, all time favorite guitarist Danny Gatton, playing with a guy named Robert Gordon. The recording I was listening to was made sometime in the early to mid 80's.

There's a song called "Black Slacks", it's a stop time song and the music stops and Robert sings a line. If you had a gun to my head, I would swear he was saying..."I ride around with President Obama". It was only him, no instruments. It was very much troubling to me. For a minute I thought Robert Gordon predicted the future lol.

Impossible right? Well yea, right. I picked this line apart, loudly, and this is the best I could come up with.

I even got my son in on it, and well, I biased him and he couldn't figure it out either.

So we looked up the lyrics, and the line goes, "I run around with crazy little mamas"

Lol, I felt like such a tool!

Last edited:
Until a few years back i thought the lyric in the Status Quo song 'roll over lay down' was 'roll over lay down and laugh begins', but it is 'roll over lay down and let me in'. Which made me realize the song is about something totally different xD

"hey pretty thing, lemme light ya momma, so go show off your henna now, yessir round" or something like that lol

Always here “Ham” instead of “Hand” on the below bit on ‘Baba O’Reily’

Sally, take my Ham
We'll travel south cross land
Put out the fire
And don't look past my shoulder

Always imaging Daltrey packing some ham sandwiches for their journey, then I chuckle to myself.

I don't even bother. I screw up all lyrics so I just hum the bass line.

"Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

I'm pretty sure it's deuce not douche in the Manfred Mann song.

Sounds to me like "wrapped up like a douche, another runner in the night"
And while researching the song I find out that Bruce Springsteen wrote & published the song a few years before Manfred Mann. The word is "deuce" and it's about a car. However, it was Mann's version that became a #1 hit.

Kyrie Eleison - Mr. Mister

Carry a laser on the road when I must travel
Carry a laser through the darkness of the night
Carry a laser when I'm going, will you follow?
Carry a laser down the highway in the night

I cannot unhear this.

My wife said that she thought "Clouds in my coffee was "Clowns in my coffee" from You're so Vain

"Bingo jet left a light on"

U.F.O.'s "I'm a Loser" has a line that I always sang:
"Houston Station, and it's cold as ice".

But it's "Euston", which 40+ years later I realized is a place in England!

Back