What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be one of the best 3:53 in recorded history. Who can argue with this drumming by Mr Copeland?

The county I lived was dry till long after I grew up and left home. The neighboring counties (that sold) and moonshiners made a fortune. It was really stupid for county and package stores right across county line.
In Arkansas only 13 of the 75 counties are fully wet, 28 are wet with dry areas, and the other 34 are completely dry.

wet_dry_map_f.gif
I live in Washington county (NW corner). Until 2018, Benton (above me) was also dry. So we were surrounded by dry counties.

In Arkansas only 13 of the 75 counties are fully wet, 28 are wet with dry areas, and the other 34 are completely dry.

View attachment 100073
I live in Washington county (NW corner). Until 2018, Benton (above me) was also dry. So we were surrounded by dry counties.
So... in order to get liquor to Conway, you literally have to con your way [there]!

View attachment 100073
This map represents the individual’s fight for liberty against the governments of each county who believe that they should get to dictate morals or some such nonsense.
From what I can tell Cleburne is the only county that is actually surrounded by dry. Howards close but touching little River...
What is to your west?

As a recovering alcoholic (5 years now) I take offense to the removal of a marijuana discussion, when legalization is being discussed at a national level and is in national headlines daily. Alcohol is a far worse drug. If I quit smoking weed, I'll be a dick for a few days, when I quit drinking I had to stay in the hospital to detox for 4 days so I didn't die from the withdrawal. Yes, alcohol is the only drug where withdrawal can kill you. Heroin will make you want to die, but it won't kill you.
We had a nice discussion about the merits of CBD, which IS a nationally legal substance, for controlling anxiety. In the process of discussing said topic, those of us that live in any one of the 35 states where medical marijuana is available talked about it's potency and the pitfalls of uninformed sellers and growers. The only time use was discussed was when I said I use a tincture in my coffee everyday.
If you're an old school prohibitionist who still believes the content of "Reefer Madness" you need to keep that to yourself and maybe take some time to learn a little something new.
If we were talking about running rails around the hotel room table while tweaking and slapping hookers, you might have a case.

Last edited:
Come on fellas - the slippery slope with rules. Don’t shoot the messenger. We need to learn to speak in code. I went “fishing” and that Fish was fantastic .Fishing does really improve my health -I’m so relaxed now. I’m having less seizures when I partake of Fish. That way if anyone is listening no worries it mostly kept me out of a room with metal bars and security guards that obviously were real protective of Fish.

Rules can be updated to reflect societal changes.

Rules can be updated to reflect societal changes.
Well since you are totally against any rules on this forum why don't you write to Bernhard and tell him how you want the forum run and maybe he will accomodate you. You are against not talking about politics, you are against the rule of not discussing drugs, maybe send Bernhard a list and he will jump to his feet and make all of the rules to suit you. Better yet, my job is to enforce the rules as they are currently written, and if that bothers you, suggest to Bernhard that I be dismissed. No problem either way. As for what is being discussed nationally, what nation are you talking about.? This forum is not run under the rules of the US Constitution. The site is from Switzerland, not the US, and will be run by the current listed rules. Again, maybe check out ABC News.com and you can rant all you want on their forum. This is supposed to be a drumming forum not US News. Check you attitude at the door.

Well it’s not a democracy and rules here reflect only on one person. Like Zuckerberg with FB makes the rules. We don’t have ads though . and I think a smaller percentage here are insane compared to FB ROFL.

So... in order to get liquor to Conway, you literally have to con your way [there]!
More or less. While it is vastly overlooked anymore, bootlegger (alcohol transportation) laws still exist here. One cannot legally buy in a wet county or state and drive it to a dry county, even for personal use. Everyone in northern Benton county up till recently would go to Missouri.

What is to your west?
Oklahoma. They have (or at least had) a regulation on the alcohol content of liquids. OK beer is 3% or less. It's because OK has a giant native American population, and is just another form of discrimination. No one drives to OK to get their beer.

Given that this is the off topic lounge, things besides drumming would be discussed as per the title. If discussions that don't always center on drums are not wanted, remove the section that allows for non drum things to be discussed.
I will also reference the title of the thread and again state that simply answering a topic shouldn't be a problem, and if it is, the topic itself should have been deleted.

Man “the off topic lounge” issue pops up again . I think we need a FAQ after over a decade of issues. There’s has been a bunch of problematic threads . Maybe just delete it? It has also been source of most bans or people getting angry and leaving.

That's fine as long as you remember that the same rules apply to the off topic section as the rest of the forum. The topics may be varied but the rules don't disappear.

Here is the original and still standing rule on the Off Topic Lounge. Pay attention to the first sentence. Then pay attention to the part about more members being banned because of violations in this area then any other. And heed the last sentence.

Using the Off Topic Lounge
The original purpose of the Off Topic forum was to discuss subjects that were musical in nature but not necessarily drum-related. We have allowed a bit of leeway with this definition, but we have discovered through trial and error what fits here and what doesn't. Please do not discuss extremely trivial matters. Do not post jokes or poetry. Do not discuss politics or religion. Do not post links to "hilarious" videos of stupid people doing stupid things. If you, in your best judgment, create a post or thread that is deleted from this or any other forum topic, understand that we have the final say regarding what is appropriate and what is not. Unfortunately more posts are deleted from this topic than all others combined, and more members are banned based on their actions in this sub-forum. For these reasons, please do not abuse this area of the forum, and save us all the hassle involved in settling disputes that could easily have been avoided in the first place.

We discussed the merits of CBD usage. That is neither political nor religious.
Note: If these are the rules you wish people to agree and adhere to, they should be here. Those are the rules I read and agreed to.

Also, don't talk down to me like I'm your child. I am neither. Address me like an adult, or not at all.

Here are the rules that we use to govern the site.

Here are the rules that we use to govern the site.

Why are they not at the bottom of the page under the link "terms and rules"?
When someone joins, why are they not directed to wherever that portion of the forum resides?
These are design flaws that can be remedied in order to make sure everyone actually reads the same thing.

They are in the General Section and very accessible . Also, part of the group:
Please do not argue with us or question our actions or decisions, and do not discuss deleted posts, banned members, or the moderation of the forum in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back