What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member
I’m darning some favorite wool 1610677238693.pngsocks I simply can’t bring myself to toss into the dust bin ?haha, and listening to some classic rock.
Animals, The Youngbloods, Yardbirds, Cream, Hendrix, Moody Blues, Beatles

Probably switch out a snare batter head in a few...while I listen to some Hendrix

What about you?

Well?..im kickin back in a rocker watching shophq with Invicta watches. I'm a watch frrreak!..almost an obsession. I've spent more on watches in 2020 than I did drums but soon..and very soon I'm ordering a 24" 2002 paiste ride. Been listening on YouTube and I can't sleep! Now...simply breathtaking.

I'm sitting here reading your post. I bet everyone who responds will say the same-since that's what they would be doing right now. You darn socks-I've always wanted to know how to sew. I break out from wool. I have a friend who raises

Watches-man I couldn't live without one for decades and been about a decade since I've worn one. I've got about a half dozen of them and my Dad's gold nugget watch my Mom had made for him. I couldn't have lived without one. Now most people use their phone

Drinking some herbal tea (lemon ginger) and doing a puzzle.

Been doing puzzles since a child. I find them very relaxing. The way I do them is very unusual I think. I separate the pieces into colors and put them in ziploc bags. Then I dump one bag into the box bottom. I grab a piece, find it on the box top, and place it in is approximate location on the board. Right now I'm working on water.

20210114_204926.jpg
20210114_204959.jpg

Drinking some herbal tea (lemon ginger) and doing a puzzle.

Been doing puzzles since a child. I find them very relaxing. The way I do them is very unusual I think. I separate the pieces into colors and put them in ziploc bags. Then I dump one bag into the box bottom. I grab a piece, find it on the box top, and place it in is approximate location on the board. Right now I'm working on water.

View attachment 99975
View attachment 99976
Doing puzzles is one of things my wife and I enjoy doing together. She always wants to find the border first and work in. I always just start on a random area and look for it. I find my mind's eye finds pieces better than I cognitively looking for them at times. So it's relaxing and suddenly a piece just jumps out. We just finished one and just started another-it's on one of our old kitchen tables we use for crafts in my drum/gaming room.

Just finished listening to the latest episodes of the Rivals podcast, this one dealing with Don Felder v Don Henley and Glen Frey. Excellent stuff, as always, although in this case I think they were a tiny bit easier on Henley and Frey than was deserved. (But I'm very much Team Felder when it comes to this one.)

In a few minutes I'll be going up to read Lord of the Rings to my kids; tonight we're starting Book IV (the second half of The Two Towers).

I'm sitting here reading your post. I bet everyone who responds will say the same-since that's what they would be doing right now. You darn socks-I've always wanted to know how to sew. I break out from wool. I have a friend who raises
[next post ;);):unsure::cautious::cautious:]

Watches-man I couldn't live without one for decades and been about a decade since I've worn one. I've got about a half dozen of them and my Dad's gold nugget watch my Mom had made for him. I couldn't have lived without one. Now most people use their phone
I’d like to meet your friend who raises watches ? (y)(y):unsure: lol

I probably just screwed up the quote feature as I am sure @rhumbagirl will undoubtedly be sure to point out :ROFLMAO:

Doing puzzles is one of things my wife and I enjoy doing together. She always wants to find the border first and work in. I always just start on a random area and look for it. I find my mind's eye finds pieces better than I cognitively looking for them at times. So it's relaxing and suddenly a piece just jumps out. We just finished one and just started another-it's on one of our old kitchen tables we use for crafts in my drum/gaming room.
I should clarify I do assemble the border first. Then it gets color sorted.

I probably just screwed up the quote feature as I am sure @rhumbagirl will undoubtedly be sure to point out :ROFLMAO:
I've given up correcting that particular quality :). I am really really curious how you manage to do it though. I mean, (1) highlight text with mouse, (2) click the 'Reply' that pops up, (3) start typing your reply.

In HTML terms, what you're quoting is... a section of text enclosed by
Code:
[quote][/quote]
tags.

I've given up correcting that particular quality :). I am really really curious how you manage to do it though. I mean, (1) highlight text with mouse, (2) click the 'Reply' that pops up, (3) start typing your reply.

In HTML terms, what you're quoting is... a section of text enclosed by
Code:
[quote][/quote]
tags.
:) Thanks I appreciate that tip and your bringing it to my attention actually. Otherwise I would have gone on looking ignorant (which I was). I’ll give up joking you about it and simply leave it with a Thanks (y):)?

OOps I didn't complete typing my thought-my fingers more and more are disconnected from my brain It's called Dyskinyouareanidiot. I was going to say raises Alpaca's, gathers wool, and knits all sorts of stuff with it.
No body raises "watches" those are made by Keebler elves-the old watch maker elves retired from lack of work so now since the Keebler baker elves are still working the make watches too. I guess the watchmakers went the way of shoe makers. Unemployment is higher than national average for elves.

Working, like always. I work, I sleep, I work some more. There are drums in there when there's a moment.
I'm watching "patriots" deny their involvement in a cause because there are suddenly consequences. Mostly, I am using every single tool in the anger management toolbox from years of therapy to keep from losing my shit on batch of clowns.

On topic, I'm currently waking up, prepping to do job #1 and thinking about leaving job #2, where I've been for almost 7 years, because my boss there is often a terrible person.
Sadly, the local job market doesn't look much better.

It was my wife's 40th Bday last night...and I'd been on a super strict diet and exercise routine for like 15 weeks but I let it rip last night and had bread and pie and cake haha.

So right now I'm getting ready to go for a walk then workout then hit the stock market to see how things are looking before the long weekend.

Later today we got some new curtains for our band's new HQ so we'll be putting those up from the ceiling as a room divider.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

EDIT:

Also...it's a simple rule dudes and generally good for the health of the forum: Keep political crap out of here. Every freaking thread anymore devolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back