Does Anyone Actually Gig with A&F Kits and Snares?

The claw hooks are creating oxidation on the top hoop also. It's in the exact location between the claws all the way around. There is some kind of electrolysis or other reaction going on there also. It's just ugly.

Just an FYI.. they have a lifetime warranty on everything they make.

I had a flawed claw hook and they actually sent me 20 brass class hooks, which are newer abs better design then the ones that came on the drum.

If anything becomes unusable, they just replace it in my experience.

If I buy a 900 dollar black beauty from Ludwig, I think I only get 3 or 5 year warranty before I have to pay for issues

That part can’t be lost here

They're the 2015-2020's equivalent of the gaudy keller kits with stupid sizes and colourful hardware from the 2000's. In 10 years time they won't be able to sell them for 30% of what they bought them for.

I will have to say that I loved the creativity coming out of the early 2000's keller-based drum companies. Such wacky never-done-before craziness. I always was a little interested in those super-shallow tom kits, but they always came with super-shallow floor toms which I thought looked like big snare drums. So many of those kits were SOOOO expensive too.

I like that time period, but I'm sure I was in the minority.

In 10 years time they won't be able to sell them for 30% of what they bought them for.
Probably right on the nose with this assessment. They're niche drums for an even smaller niche market and they only really sound good in a studio setting. Seems like a highly limited market that certainly won't last. I'm guessing that since they never intended to be a drum making company, it doesn't matter that their business model has an expiration date.

A&F could absolutely fail. But man, it’s not a forgone conclusion.

All the interviews I’ve watched with it’s Owner seems they make smart business moves, they don’t race to the bottom, and they don’t over make a ton of drums.

They can live inside their niche and be plenty profitable.

Again, they aren’t trying to appeal to everyone.

If I played in a Dixieland jazz band or some Steam Punk band it would be cool to play one. People are sold crap sandwiches all the time and the psychology/advertising selling has such power over people they eat it and convinced it taste good. Why I keep mouthwash handy LOL.

People are sold crap sandwiches all the time and the psychology/advertising selling has such power over people they eat it and convinced it taste good.
Yes but the A&F sandwich cost 5X as much and is already moldy when you buy it.

I'm waiting for the $100,000 pre-distressed car. It has a ripped driver seat, oxidized headlight bezels, rusty floorplan, cracked windshield, and only fires on 7 cylinders.

How about the $500,000 pre-aged house? It has a leaky roof, squeaky uneven floors, questionable wiring, cracked foundation, peeling lead based paint, rotting wood, windows that no longer open, and locks that dont work. Let's throw in some ghosts just to round out the package.

Man, I bet people would eat that up ?‍♂️.

Yes but the A&F sandwich cost 5X as much and is already moldy when you buy it.

I'm waiting for the $100,000 pre-distressed car. It has a ripped driver seat, oxidized headlight bezels, rusty floorplan, cracked windshield, and only fires on 7 cylinders.

How about the $500,000 pre-aged house? It has a leaky roof, squeaky uneven floors, questionable wiring, cracked foundation, peeling lead based paint, rotting wood, windows that no longer open, and locks that dont work. Let's throw in some ghosts just to round out the package.

In areas with high real estate prices, that’s fairly common. Meanwhile, there are houses twice the size in perfect shape at half the cost just a couple hours away.

Attachments

• 91Sxs0IG-WL._AC_SY679_.jpg
    91Sxs0IG-WL._AC_SY679_.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 10885-captain-power-and-the-soldiers-of-the-future-dos-front-cover.jpg
    10885-captain-power-and-the-soldiers-of-the-future-dos-front-cover.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 3
Everytime I see that gold and blue I think of Captain Power.
New in original package action figure, I'll take that for the collection.
The game system requirements were a nice blast from the past "256K, DOS 2.0" :ROFLMAO:

New in original package action figure, I'll take that for the collection.
The game system requirements were a nice blast from the past "256K, DOS 2.0" :ROFLMAO:

I remember having this "interactive" vhs video of Captain Power....I don't remember much about it-but now I'm curious about the "interactive" capabilities of a tape haha.

Last edited:

If it's an area that is highly gentrified, I'm sure they would. ;)

That's a likely tear-down that will be replaced with some newfangled mcmansion that will fetch triple the price.

In areas with high real estate prices, that’s fairly common. Meanwhile, there are houses twice the size in perfect shape at half the cost just a couple hours away.

I bought a house that's about a 45 min. drive from my job. My house would cost 4x as much in the town where I work.

Back