A peek inside the practice room....

WhoIsTony?

A candid peek inside the practice room... warts and all.
For the drum geeks: I'm working on three different 5 note groupings in 16th notes... and mixing them in random orders.
... a work in progress

the drums - 1966 Rogers Headliner Configuration w/ a matching 1964 Powertone

Nice sounding drums Tony. It seems you've gone deep on Rogers the past year or so. No more Gretsch for you?

This sounds so hip, Ants. I’ve started shedding this. Seems like all the best ideas are simple concepts that can be applied many different ways. Similar to what Mark Guiliana talks about.

Those Rogers sound awesome. I am having a serious brain fart at the moment but a venue I used to play at (in NYC down near Katz Deli) had a Rogers kit in there I loved playing.

How do you tune your toms on that kit? Very bop sounding. If you know of the specific fundamental notes I'd love to know! I struggle with tuning high like that, I feel like I choke my drums too much.

Lovely playing and lovely sound as always, Anthony.

I have a similar thing I do as well with various groupings and I find they really help to strengthen the ears and pulse.

Thanks again for sharing!

Those Rogers sound awesome. I am having a serious brain fart at the moment but a venue I used to play at (in NYC down near Katz Deli) had a Rogers kit in there I loved playing.

How do you tune your toms on that kit? Very bop sounding. If you know of the specific fundamental notes I'd love to know! I struggle with tuning high like that, I feel like I choke my drums too much.
was it Mercury Lounge ?

... as for tuning ... I just tension the drum and use my ear.
no special tools or tactics.
just ears and a drum key... the only way I've always done it.
Don't know any other way .

Lovely playing and lovely sound as always, Anthony.

I have a similar thing I do as well with various groupings and I find they really help to strengthen the ears and pulse.

Thanks again for sharing!
thanks brother ...

been also working an uptempo version of a very similar thing where the 16ths become 8ths

fun stuff ...

thanks for checking it out Dave

Back