DRUMCENTER Sonor, Tama, DW ...The DCP Dream Drum Sets Showcase

IMO, these videos demoing more boutique (and yes, expensive) drums are fun. It’s like watching about Ferrari’s on Motor Trend. I don’t have any practical use for a Ferrari but I like knowing they’re out there and hearing one running through the gears.
Now where did i leave the keys to my Subaru?

Cool thing about the DW.. is you get the optional .. "Stain Stop at Seam" feature.. no extra cost:

dw-santa-monica-5pc-drum-set-front-back-.jpg

Careful, you're gonna trigger the DW cult members.

What's bad about Sonor? I'm genuinely curious lol.

My only complaint are their prices.

Nothing on a regular.. recurring basis.. . but they have QC issues sometimes on the mid level German stuff that is unacceptable IMO.. And they will tell the customer.. "oh,. well we don't give as much attention to those as we do the SQ2".. something along those lines..... That is ridiculous.. However that is pretty rare. .. There are a couple forum members who had this situation.

Let's stick to drums, shall we?

Cool thing about the DW.. is you get the optional .. "Stain Stop at Seam" feature.. no extra cost:
To be fair it happens on TAMA too. I'm sure there are Walnut Exotic kits that look similar.

I know the Movingui plies on the kit I sent back were a good example :)

Really? There's nothing funny about that. You do know the family had to flee East Germany right?
Just think if they didnt. No more Sonor? Or no Sonor anywhere except E. Germany from 1945-1989. That would be a tragedy.

Huge fan of these videos:

Those are three kits I would likely never research and track down and play in person: So it's awesome having them tuned well and recorded well.

I watch their videos all the time and have made several purchases from their store to help support what they do - I might be ordering some more very soon! I literally just emailed Joe Mazza!

Regarding the drums themselves: They all sound good - no surprise. That Sonor is fantastic though - despite having a rack built onto the bass drum haha.

Huge fan of these videos:

Those are three kits I would likely never research and track down and play in person: So it's awesome having them tuned well and recorded well.

I watch their videos all the time and have made several purchases from their store to help support what they do - I might be ordering some more very soon! I literally just emailed Joe Mazza!

Regarding the drums themselves: They all sound good - no surprise. That Sonor is fantastic though - despite having a rack built onto the bass drum haha.
Joe Mazza is at DCP?? I bought one of his personal Gretsch sets a few years back.

To be fair it happens on TAMA too. I'm sure there are Walnut Exotic kits that look similar.

I know the Movingui plies on the kit I sent back were a good example :)

Right.. but Tama uses those panels.. which is more tedious I imagine.. AND... Your kit was like maybe 20% of the severity compared to this dw.. Your kit was actually still acceptable IMO. And by the way... your kit looked much nicer too.

Back