All INDe BR3 or Ludwig Atlas mount kit?

trgdrum

Just curious, has anyone out there converted their entire drum kit to either the INDe BR3 or Ludwig Atlas mounts for bass drum spurs, tom mounts, and floor tom legs?

I'm considering this, but not sure it would be worth spending the money. Thoughts?

What's your objective? That might help. If your current kit is in need of replacements and you want to keep it, why not? If your kit is falling apart and you just want that to stop, a new kit might be a better idea.

If you wanna do it just because, that's for you and your wallet to decide.

I see a benefit of using these types of mounts to minimize stands but also add some versatility to my kit. Thinking I could also use the mounts and some rods to mount a tom an snare from the floor tom (essentially making a cocktail kit) if needed.

Just curious if anyone else has done something like this.

I can tell you that the BR3 works pretty well as a tom mount for me. A nice amount of bounce to it and plenty of resonance. Looks classy and blends well with Ludwig lugs too.

I have Inde BR2's on my toms as tom mounts. I notice an increase in sustain (and the ability to "tune" the response of the mount is not just a gimmick) but having the ability to use 9, 10, or 12mm L-arms is really important to me since I have a lot of different stands and clamps and the industry has left the vintage 9.5mm arm far behind.

I like the idea of Atlas mounts and if I had undrilled drums I'd probably consider them, but they're bulky and don't work with 9 or 10mm arms, and would leave open holes.

I'm very impressed with the style and function of the Inde mounts and I think they're a great upgrade.

Thanks. I might have to go for it and buy a bunch of BR3 brackets so I can convert my whole kit over to them.
It'll be expensive, but I think it will drastically decrease the amount hardware I will have to lug around, and should enhance the overall resonance of my kit.

If I do it, I'll post pictures when I am done.

I’m a big fan of the Indes, I have several drums with them. The Atlases just haven’t worked as well for me.

Back