Gramps Passed

• Thread starter Deleted member 526375
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 526375

My gramps passed yesterday. 98 years old. WWII vet. Played drums in the Army. Very much an inspiration. Didn’t agree with him on a lot of things but his service to this nation will always be recognized and remembered.

Big hole in the universe now. I’ve done the only thing I can think of that he would approve of post passing. Played drums for about 10 hours yesterday and also today.

My grandad died back in 1992 in his late 60s. Born in 1924, he, too, was a WWII veteran, having served in the Navy on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific. We were great friends, and he was a staunch supporter of my drumming. His departure was disorienting. I continue to miss him daily.

Drum on for your gramps, man. He's looking down with admiration. You've got work to do before reuniting with him one day.

C.M., always a voice of reason and experience. Former teacher myself. Seems like we have much in common.

Condolences. Here's to his service and legacy.

Condolences to and your family. He was a drummer and so are you. I hope that thought brings comfort to you.

Back