Rocked up AHA

Andy

Honorary Member
Our second distance video produced during lockdown, & we learnt a lot by doing the first one. The process is still way more difficult than any other recording situation we've encountered. Other than the disconnect affect, trying to make something cohesive using mostly mobile phone video & audio, is a tough job, but we've tried to make the best of the material we could gather.

This effort is not just to keep our band valid in some way, it's also adding to the recognition of all our frontline workers. I hope you enjoy this as much as we enjoyed the challenge.

Warning - Extreme cheese alert - Headphones on & crank to 10!

A really well done video, Andy. Impressive.

Also, great to see you all making the best out of the current situation.

Great song. Looks and sounds great. Based on how much work it's been for me to get one decent recording...I can only imaging the level of work that went into the vides.(y)

A really well done video, Andy. Impressive.
Also, great to see you all making the best out of the current situation.
Thanks Jon - just trying to stay creative in any way we can, & an opportunity to improve my video editing chops - not so easy with meagre clips to choose from!

Good stuff!! Also, I like A-HA ☺.
Thank you - I'm not a big fan of the band, but I did enjoy rocking it up o a degree. I especially liked the decision to significantly slow down the intro section compared to the original. Original is 126bpm right through. Our version starts at 110 & moves to 128.

Great song. Looks and sounds great. Based on how much work it's been for me to get one decent recording...I can only imaging the level of work that went into the vides.(y)
thank you. Video & audio were / are a challenge, The variety of different audio & video qualities especially. Audio wise, the mobile phone capture of the lead vocal is a seriously limiting factor, & the 720 phone video of keys resulting in very dark / grainy visual was a beast to fix. Only so much polishing is possible.

Andy, a top-notch video and appropriate tribute to all those first responders and frontline warriors serving us all. I cranked it to 11.

Wow fantastic. Background vocals were something. Was that your wallet on snare?
There's real creative genius in your band, not to mention great chops all around.

Andy, a top-notch video and appropriate tribute to all those first responders and frontline warriors serving us all. I cranked it to 11.
Thank you! Cranking it is the only way to reduce cheese levels ;)

My band's not that tight when we are in the same room:(
I'm sure that's not the case. I've seen many videos of your band = great feel :)

Wow fantastic. Background vocals were something. Was that your wallet on snare?
There's real creative genius in your band, not to mention great chops all around.
Thank you :)

Dampener is one of the Guru leather / B20 models I kept for myself.

Dampener top 500.jpg

Dampener strap crop 500.jpg

Back