What's your latest purchase?

I‘be been looking at some 15” Zildjian hats from the 70s era on reverb. I just sold a couple of things to fund the hats this week. Today I stopped by my local drum store to see what they had. Low and behold they had just what I was looking for. 15“ hollow logo Zildjian hats. The ink stamp on the bottom is still legible, designating it as a rock, bottom cymbal. The hollow logo is visible on both cymbals, but the top is missing what model it is. They both weigh around 1500 gm. They sound (best as I recall ) just like the ones I had all through the 80s. Those were a throw together set. I got the bottom used around 1973 and I bought a New Beat top for it in 1980.

Picked up a second hand 20" Paiste 2002 ride a few days ago for those times when the 24 is too much.

I'm not a big fan of used cymbals and this fella was pretty grimy with faded logos but he cleaned up decently and better still, sounds great.

20200216_132735.jpg

Did cast hoops to complete my NOS Slingerland kit. Seven piece kit in WMP. First time I've had die cast hoops and I love them for in home use. Hope to find out how they sound on a gig some time. May prefer triple flanged in unmiked situations. We'll see.

GeeDeeEmm

Twin DW6700 stands.

DW6700StandsLoRes.jpg

Found a lightly used Sonor Protean 14 x 5.25" snare drum locally. It is in transit as I type this. I am pretty stoked to receive this and try it out.

Late eighties/early nineties 14 inch K and Z hi hats. Wonderfully dirty and broken in.

I forgot about the whole K/Z thing...that was the rage in the early 90's around here (Central Ohio)

A Paiste Signature Traditional 18" Thin crash cymbal gently used. Buttery feel with a less complex tonal character than other Paiste lines. Wish they would expand the line some more.

Back