Ever had a band or genre of music that you shouldn't like...but you do?

I love country. Old country, outlaw country, new country; loved it since I was a kid. My uncle used to play guitar and sing country songs at family reunions when I was a kid. My wife and I saw Luke Bryan a few months ago and had a blast. We’re going to see Luke Combs next month, Little Big Town in January (not a big fan of them but my wife LOVES them). We’ll probably go see Kenny Chesney, FGL and Old Dominion when they come around next year. Go ahead guys, let me have it! I have thick skin, I can take it!

No offense, but that band is in my opinion really not belonging in a thread with this title..

No effen doubt. I was still in the single digits when I first became a fan in the 70s. Plus P-Funk All Stars, George Clinton etc. Every time I see a pic of Bootsy Collins I still gotta smile.

Maybe it was a Michigan thing or a natural progression from my dad’s jazz LPs. Dunno.

I should also answer the prompt.

Genre - Ska

Band - The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo.

My metal and rock friends thought I was nuts on both counts.

No offense, but that band is in my opinion really not belonging in a thread with this title..

I don't like that kind of music so IMO I "shouldn't like that band. But I DO. How is that not relevant to the thread title?

..I don't like that kind of music so IMO I "shouldn't like that band. But I DO. How is that not relevant to the thread title?..

The way i wrote that sounded maybe a bit too serious..

But the way how i always understand threads like this, 'appropriate' artists would be people like Rick Astley..

In a fair and decent world everyone would like Parliament Funkadelic..:)

And in todays world everyone should like them..?

I hated Hall and Oats music.
About a year ago I started watching “Live From Daryl’s House”. Great show, great drummer.
So now I love some of those old Hall and Oats songs.

I never hated H&O but never really was a big fan.. but Daryl's house is amazing.. i drum along with the ceelo green one quite a bit and their versions of lowdown and pick up the pieces are fun also :)

The way i wrote that sounded maybe a bit too serious..

But the way how i always understand threads like this, 'appropriate' artists would be people like Rick Astley..

In a fair and decent world everyone would like Parliament Funkadelic..:)

And in todays world everyone should like them..?

:eek: I'm glad you explained that, because I was like "How does a person named Oldskoolsoul NOT like a band like P-funk!? Lol

What's wrong with Rick Astley? :unsure:

Probably country/western isn't cool to some people - but I like it. Well, it does have it's generic crap, though.

Yes, you are right..

I should have mentioned basically every Stock, Aitken & Waterman artist or production..?

Except this one..

Well, I was mainly just messin' with ya. But I do like the song you posted. :giggle:

Honestly, I only remember one song from Astley. :unsure:

..Well, I was mainly just messin' with ya..

Same here, nothing that i write about Rick Astley or Stock, Aitken & Waterman (who wrote and produced all his hits) should be taken too serious, i wouldnt dare..?

Though in my opinion Roadblock is really not bad at all..

But, like i said, thats the only one..?

The thing to remember about Rick Astley is that he is unlikely to

1. Give you up
2. Let you down
3 run around and
4. Desert you
5. Say goodbye

Fun fact:

With all of this talk of Hall and Oates, I grew up with and am friends with the drummer who currently tours with John Oates.

giphy.gif

Fun fact:

With all of this talk of Hall and Oates, I grew up with and am friends with the drummer who currently tours with John Oates.

giphy.gif

I love H&O! Since I was a child, loved 'em. I really enjoy catching Darryl's house when I can. Some great acts have come thru there. Looks like a nice relaxed little jam session they get going.

Love Culture Club. Bee Gees "Main Course" is a favorite. I like a lot of 70s disco. Probably borderline fanatic with The Monkees. Cheesy 60s & 70s pop like Tony Orlando & Dawn, Captain & Tenille, Carpenters.

Never been a fan of electronic or "pop" music in my life, but I saw Empire of the Sun on Jools Holland and it struck a chord with me on some level.

Back