Quality 14" Cymbal Bag

double bass man

I have a pair of Zildjian 14" Hi-Hat cymbals and I am looking for a quality carrying bag. I have searched the web and apparently no one seems to make a bag for 14" cymbals. Does such a bag exist? What is the nearest size. There are lots of makes of bag out there from cheap to more expensive---Can you recommend a good make with good padding?

I am not aware of anyone makng a stand alone bag specifically for hi hat cymbals.

You may want to look for a small lap top or a tablet case. Some padding, not too large. Would probably fit into a larger cymbal bag.

They also make pretty nice cymbal bags that have an outside pocket just for hi hat cymbals. May be an option if you don't already have a cymbal bag or case.

What was wrong with the bag linked in your other thread?

To be honest, that's the only 14" bag I've ever seen. Until that thread, I didn't know they existed.

I know that gear companies like gear heads because gear heads like gear and all, but that seems really specialized/unnecessary. It's like having a separate bag for your snare stand...

I have a 16" bag. I got it in a lot that I bought years ago. It seems to be leather and I use it to hold my extra pairs of hihats. I will check it for identifying marks when I have a chance.

Find a hard case or a drum bag that fits a 14" piccolo snare drum. Cut a piece of felt to lay in between.

I like that idea. But (swear I posted this already) there’s also this.

I have a 16" bag. I got it in a lot that I bought years ago. It seems to be leather and I use it to hold my extra pairs of hihats. I will check it for identifying marks when I have a chance.
That sounds like it's maybe a bag made specifically for field crash cymbals - those sometimes come in 16" sizes.

To the Original Poster, I'm also curious about the desire for a bag specifically tailored to just the 14" hats. Since most drummers gig with more than just a set of hats - typically crashes, and at minimum, a 20" ride cymbal too - cymbal bags are usually designed to hold 20" cymbals and smaller.

Dedicated hi hat bags do exist, I once bought a pair of Paiste 602 hats from a bloke down the pub and they came with a lovely high quality 14 bag. Never seen one like it since though.

Back