Dream Kit progress.

baknaff3k

Hey guys! So this is my first ever post, I dont know how this works, so sorry if I mess up... Anyways! I want to share my progress for my dream drumset! I wont probably post that often on here, because I have no money to buy it and cuz im still a student... Lol. My plan is to get my kit as close to Dave Grohls Nirvana Kit, with adding some of my own touches. I want them to be skyhigh and loud!
I want to get the Hardware first, since it all is kind of expensive.. and rare! But I got lucky and immediatley snatched a used Sonor Protec Hi-Hat stand! (They dont make those anymore and those go up 1.20cm!) Perfect for my playing, and its close to Daves stand back in the 90s.
I have everything planned out :) I hope I get everything before im 30! Haha.
If you have questions Ill answer them as quick as I can! Im sorry if I take weeks to response...
Keep on rockin!

Attachments

• Sonor-Protec-vintage-Hihat-Hi-Hat-Hihatmaschine-Hihatständer.jpg
    Sonor-Protec-vintage-Hihat-Hi-Hat-Hihatmaschine-Hihatständer.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 16
You got to start somewhere. I love those records too. Have you ever seen the "live at Radio Shack" video? That kit has that aesthetic to the sound too and might be more in reach. Plus it is a cool video of the garage band Nirvana.

I'd be interested to see you specific inventory list of exactly what you are looking for.

Hey guys! So this is my first ever post, I dont know how this works, so sorry if I mess up... Anyways! I want to share my progress for my dream drumset! I wont probably post that often on here, because I have no money to buy it and cuz im still a student... Lol. My plan is to get my kit as close to Dave Grohls Nirvana Kit, with adding some of my own touches. I want them to be skyhigh and loud!
I want to get the Hardware first, since it all is kind of expensive.. and rare! But I got lucky and immediatley snatched a used Sonor Protec Hi-Hat stand! (They dont make those anymore and those go up 1.20cm!) Perfect for my playing, and its close to Daves stand back in the 90s.
I have everything planned out :) I hope I get everything before im 30! Haha.
If you have questions Ill answer them as quick as I can! Im sorry if I take weeks to response...
Keep on rockin!
(y) Don't ever allow yourself to lose sight of your goals and dreams.

Looks like three different kits here. Is there a specific one you are going after?
Well... Haha I dont know how to describe it. Im going to post a list of everything as someone requested! I made one but it was in german... and it got deleted! Whoops...

A big yes! I maybe will get a Tama Titan Boom Stand! A bit more Grohl, its 60Euro and thats cheap! Will take me a bit of lawn mowing... Worth it!

(Cant add a pic for some reason, just google Tama Titan Boom Stand Haha)

So Guys! Im going to re-do the list. Since it was kinda weird and just thrown in haha.
Im not adding the prices since I think its douch-y. I dont want to say "Oh look I paid 500Euros" Im just going to say these things are
VERY expensive!
Heres the list!:

Drums:
Sonor SQ2 Drum System
Material: All Birch
Shell type: Medium (I think 9 ply? Its not written there)
Finish Outside: Dark Satin (Floor, Rack, Bass)
Finish Inside: Black Laquer (Floor, Rack, Bass)
Finish Outisde: Veneer, Semi Gloss: Natural (Snare)
Finish Inside: Protective Lacquer, Semi Gloss: Natural Clear (Snare)
Sizes:
24"x16" Bassdrum
15"x14" Racktom
18"x16" Floortom
14"x8" Snare

Hardware:
DW/Sonor/Tama
Sonor Protec Hi-Hat Stand
DW 5000TD4 Bass Drum Pedal
DW 9300 Snare Stand
3x Tama HC84BW Cymbal Boom Stand/Tama Titan Boom Stand
Tama HT75WNBR Drum Throne Brown

Cymbals:
Paiste 2002
Paiste 2002 Classic 15" Sound Edge HiHat
Paiste 2002 Classic 18" Crash
Paiste 2002 Classic 20" Crash
Paiste 2002 Classic 22" Ride

Heads:
Aquarian/Remo/Tama
Aquarian 14" Hi-Energy
Remo 14" Ambassador Resonant Head
Remo 15" Pinstripe Tom Head
Remo 18" Pinstripe Tom Head
Remo 24" Powerstroke 4 Clear Bass
Tama 24" Resonant Bass Drum Black

Sticks:
Vater/Vic Firth
Vater 5B Drumsticks Hickory
Vic Firth 5A American Classic Hickory (Played Upside down)

Essentials:
Rogers 14" Dyna-Sonic Batter Hoop
Rogers 14" Dyna-Sonic Bottom Hoop
Puresound CPS1420 Custom Pro Wires 14"
2x RTOM Moongel Blue
DW SM803-2 Drum Tuning Key
Gibraltar SC-4248 Drum Tuning Speed Key
Vic Firth MSBAG2 Marching Stick Bag
Meinl MDR-BK Black Drum Rug
Meinl MDGFL-M Drummer Gloves
Bass Drum O's Cutter
Medium Big Towel
Tape

And thats the list! I now question this haha, well I did it for you guys so you will know what my plans are.
Im going for Dave Grohls Nirvana setup (With some of my own touches like the cymbals and hardware and so on-).
Maybe some of you are interrested, some are not :) So yeah!
Im out for now! -bakchrome_XnfeZqS5iB.png

Attachments

• chrome_Oqq5T8RqrT.png
    chrome_Oqq5T8RqrT.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 15
  • chrome_kmhmc2XCOo.png
    chrome_kmhmc2XCOo.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 14
  • chrome_IqAGv7uDLW.png
    chrome_IqAGv7uDLW.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You want a kit as close to Grohl's as possible, and someone supplied a site that has three different drum set options; however, they are all Tama Artstars or Granstars; however, you state that you are looking at Sonor SQ2's which I'm sure are pretty darn different in terms of price and sound.

I just don't know how to respond.

Best of luck!

You want a kit as close to Grohl's as possible, and someone supplied a site that has three different drum set options; however, they are all Tama Artstars or Granstars; however, you state that you are looking at Sonor SQ2's which I'm sure are pretty darn different in terms of price and sound.

I just don't know how to respond.

Best of luck!

Granstars/Superstars/Artsars never show up here! (Sometimes but not in those crazy sizes) It sucks! I couldve bought a 15" Artstar 2 Tom for dirt cheap but I had no money.
BUT the Sonor SQ2 makes a drumset how you want, and builds it for you... Bit pricey, mine is at 4500Eur (I think 5000+ Dollars)
You can customize it as you want (shells, finishes, hardware) and Ive build mine as close as a Superstar/Granstar.
And trust me, the sound of these are amazing! I played a SQ2 Birch kit at a Store, and a Artstar 2 in Dave Grohl config. Was pretty epic!
Also I know that website, I visit it alot to get my guitar rig as close as Krist and Kurt too, I really, really know what Im talking about ;)
Check out the site! https://sq2-drumsystem.com

Sonor doesn’t make a single-tom mount?

They do... in the 600 series it’s currently the STH-674:

He may have just selected the double in the configurator to give him the option to mount another tom or a cymbal by replacing the second tom arm with a cymbal arm.

Good luck with it man. I think you shouldn’t have a problem finding old Tama superstars on eBay. They are almost always power Tom sizes and really well priced. If I were you that’s where I’d look

That’s a serious list of drums and equipment!
What are you currently playing? If you want the famed Nirvana snare sound don’t forget an old school Tama Bell Brass...that’ll set you back a small fortune on its own!

Back