Recent content by zambizzi

1. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

It happens...sucks to get old. :) Great to see ya!
  2. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Hey Larry! It's fit, but maybe a little bland...haha. Here's the TL;DR - Moved east-to-west a couple times, my kids grew up and kicked us out, I still work like an animal, and I'm playing in a band with some people I met randomly one night, out for dinner with my wife. How about you?
  3. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Hey, buddy! Wow...getting late-2000's nostalgia feels here.
  4. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Vice-versa for me. I was part-time work, part-time music. Now I'm 150% work, ...music? Thanks, nice to meet ya as well.
  5. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Hey buddy! Been a long time! You're one of the few people I've actually met in person, from here. Time...it flies while you're busy livin'.
  6. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

I played so much back then! I had a gig in November...and haven't unpacked my drums, since. I better see if I can still pull that pattern off.
  7. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Thanks, back at ya! Watched a couple of your band vids. Really good!
  8. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

I've been in Atlanta for a few years now, but I still get out to Boise from time-to-time. I hear the weather there sucks right now...but it's great here! :)
  9. zambizzi

First post since 2012?

Has it been TEN YEARS!? Wonder how many of the old timers are still left around here? Anyhow...hey everyone!
  10. zambizzi

Opinions: Gretsch G4164SA Solid Aluminum Snare

I'm trying to pick out a Gretsch snare to go with...a little something new that I have coming soon. :) Any thoughts on this one? Anyone have some decent recordings of one? It seems like a nice drum and by the specs, it should cover anything I need. I won't have the opportunity to try it...
  11. zambizzi

(My Band) Trikata - Corrupt Puppets

Here's our newest effort, played at our last "Fat Wednesday" party at Fatty's Bar, in downtown Boise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsD81WZ-YI Camera mic SUCKS, so there isn't much clarity. I might try lining up the audio recording I made during the show, with this video. I hadn't realized...
  12. zambizzi

The Ludwig Curse

I hate posting negative rants about drum brands but enough is enough. I love, love, LOVE the sound of Ludwig drums...but I've finally had it. I bought this kit last year and all seemed fine. Well, not really...the bass drum arrived cracked, but Ludwig replaced it in three weeks and the new...
  13. zambizzi

A Tale of Two Bass Drums

I own two kits...Ludwig Classic Maple...identical finishes and badges. The "small" kit is a 22x18", 16x16", 12x10" setup...the "big" kit is 24x16", 16x16", 13x9". I love 'em both and they both sound incredible. My inner-conflict is choosing which bass drum to stick with. I've been at it for...
  14. zambizzi

Post your Gig Pics

They're my gorgeous fem-bots, who will help me conquer your tiny planet! We played the local "Tat2Fest" and these were the pinup models, who competed during the event. Brenda, the lovely redhead on the bottom left, won it all. She's hosting our next "Fat Wednesday" party...which ought to help...
  15. zambizzi

Post your Gig Pics

Way cool shots, Bermuda. I'm green...can't tell you how bad I want Ludwig to bring back Arctic Glitter! Here are a few recent ones...
Back