Recent content by Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

1. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Movies about Music

bbut seriously, for me it is these: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1545103/ all of the ones in this series https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5912128/ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1786751/ https://eastbaypunk.com/
  2. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Movies about Music

Spinal Tap /thread
  3. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Music that doesn't stand the test of time for you

it keeps me alive!!! The music, not the being pissed off... Almost all of my punk and metal friends "grew out off" that music, and are now depressed, sullen, "beaten down" - honestly boring - people. I could not handle that kind of existence. I didn't "grow out of" any genre....I just added...
  4. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

This forum is upside down

as long as I am still a "Great Lakes State" guy, I don't care where I am in refeence to the rest of the world. No Salt. No Sharks. No Problem!!
  5. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

true...but also realized that there is a TON of stuff to still be mad about, but you just deal with it in a different way. and I still LOVE angry, fast, loud, pissed of punk and metal to this day!!!
  6. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yeah...I considered them a "schtick" band...and the angry, young, poor, and pissed off at the world kid that I was could not take them seriously b/c they weren't seemingly angry, young, poor, and pissed off at the world
  7. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yeah...I counted NONE of that as punk. Just because it is fast, and they have weird color hair doesn't mean it is punk
  8. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

funny cause I think that is Geddys best bass playing of all I would add that I feel the same about Roll the Bones....
  9. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Go-to material for Latin applications in Jazz?

will be checking out Todd's book for sure!!!
  10. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

same here for the most part, but one band I can think of right away: Grim Reaper - I loved them when they first came out, but man, after some retrospection, the cheese factor was pretty high there there are also probably 100's of punk bands that I have on mix tapes that could go in this...
  11. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Stick Companies.......The Big 4 (3) and..................

sadly, I think the Vic Firth/Zildjian merger is a negative or both companies...I saw that coming down the road a few years ago and thought it would be a great idea, but I think it has "clouded" the ideas of 2 great companies. I think Avedis, Armand, and Vic are in heaven facepalming....
  12. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

TV shows or movies that didn't hold up through the test of time for you.

yep, I alos remember that one bothering me....and teaching me not to put the pop tab in the can (what moron would have done that anyways?) I have never seen one in all of the campy/kitschy retro shops I have ever been in. I have seen many others from that era - Six Million Dollar Man; Starsky...
  13. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Do feel the need to play the same brand of cymbals?

yep....I am a Zildjian only guy. It makes it easier for me. I know their cymbal lines real well. My dad was a Zildjian guy, so there are "warm fuzzies" around those cymbals for me as well. I know that I should give other cymbals a try, and even like the sounds of many other brands - Meinl...
  14. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

TV shows or movies that didn't hold up through the test of time for you.

I guess i am in the minority in many ways: I am not a movie guy in general. I have my "favorite 10", but that is it. I can't sit still long enough to watch movies. Sort of the same for tv. I really only actively watched sports on tv, or game shows. Anything else was seen "by accident" That...
  15. Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Cassette tape revival

yeah..the whole 7"/45 thing was not as prevalent here in Central Ohio back in the early 80's;....so tapes it was. We could get 7"/45s from national acts at the record store, but not in the lot