Recent content by Woolwich

1. W

B8 pros

As usual a topic about the composition of bronze has gone in the same misdirection. Not the OP's fault at all but the issue started when he said he used B8 Pros instead of saying "Sabian B8 Pros". At that point a discussion about the merits of B8 vs B20 ensued as opposed to a discussion about...
  2. W

Premier 2000 snare

Probably a typo but it's the other way round. If the magnet sticks it's steel, if not it's aluminium.
  3. W

Rosie

Have we done Fleetwood Mac's Diane yet?
  4. W

Rosie

Theme For Margaret Waltz For Dawn Tracie There's 3 Level 42s off the top of my head.
  5. W

Rosie

Ruby Ruby Ruby Baby. Smelly Nelly Charlotte The Harlot
  6. W

Trying to decide on a set in big sizes...

I agree with mikyok re that Worldmax snare. I'm not an expert nor do I have experience of the vintage market, but of all of the drums in a kit, the snare drum strikes me as being the one that would benefit most from modern build quality and componentry given the use it gets and the way we use it...
  7. W

No I haven't played one it's just on my radar as one of the few "big" kits on the market especially as it sits in a relatively affordable price bracket. I haven't gone deeply into reviews but re the bass drum, at 14" depth it's an old school size, made to be played undamped and possibly not...
  8. W

Ludwig Centennial Moto. Can be had new for about £100 more than the used Sakae and is exactly your sizes with 2 floor Tom's.
  9. W

There's two new 13" trilogy Toms in green sparkle on eBay from a German seller. Buy It Now price for one delivered is just under £300. That could give you one up one down or even two up one down options using the 12" that comes with the kit you're looking at. Or a brand new Sky Blue kit in 13...
  10. W

For months drumshop.co.uk were selling odd Sakae drums and were advertising them as the last of the UK stock. Over time their website went from advertising many full sets to almost enough odd drums to make a kit to the point where there's maybe one or two drums left when they run their sale...
  11. W

Ian Paice Drumming: Deep Purple Top 10 Songs for Drums. Tier List + Stats

I stumbled across a few isolated drum tracks of his on YouTube and they were head spinning. I now follow his Drum Tribe YouTube channel despite never having been a particular Deep Purple or an Ian Paice fan and this is out of ignorance rather than knowing his work and not liking it. He strikes...
  12. W

HI Harry That is indeed a fantastic price for those drums and I think part of the reason for that is the 12" tom as opposed to a 13" or 14". I've been toying with the idea of a kit in bigger sizes and for me that would mean preferably an 18" tom and preferably a 13" tom. There are options...
  13. W

ARE YOU A DIVE BAR DRUMMER?

After looking at several online thesaurus' for more accurate ways to describe myself on my CV under "Hobbies And Interests", because "plays drums in a pub covers band" didn't sound great to me, I've come to the conclusion that I meet the dictionary definition of "semi professional musician"...
  14. W

Mapex Saturn 2020.......wtf happened

An Art Deco Zoo! That sounds fantastic!!
  15. W

Flat Ride as a Crash?

On the one hand, when it comes to drums and cymbals anyone is at liberty to do whatever they want with anything at whatever tuning. On the other, there are so many excellent crash cymbals out there (All with their own qualities but all made with the specific intentions to be crashed) that...