Recent content by wolfgang

1. wolfgang

Two Piece Bands

Hey everyone. I haven't been around, even to lurk, very much in the past few months. School's been keeping me busy. I don't play as much as I used to, or would like to. The rock trio I've been a part of for the last two years is also starting to fade away. We haven't come to a conscious...
  2. wolfgang

My Bonny - Ludwig Accent Zep Set

Alright, I'm so stoked about this. Yesterday I bought a used Ludwig Accent Zep Set. I haven't had much of a chance to play around with tuning yet, but so far I am impressed. The sizes are going to be a bit of an adjustment, going from a 20, 12, 14 bass and toms setup, but it'll be fun. The...
  3. wolfgang

New Rogers

Rogers Drums have been kind of making a comeback, or trying to. I don't really know much about the quality of these as reviews are hard to come by online. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried one of their new sets, particularly the Trailblazer. Or if anyone has even seen one of these sets in...
  4. wolfgang

Bonham?

Not really :P I try though. Here's my kit with a Bonhamesque setup (or as close as I can get), as well as my gig setup. Specs upon request. And my slightly smaller gig setup. My 18" hats
  5. wolfgang

Bought my first Zildjian today...+ updated pics.

So I've been looking for a decent 22" or 24" ride lately on the used market. I went into a local shop today and walked out with this 22" vintage cymbal. The guy who worked there said it was used by Polka legend Walter Ostanek's drummer. I live in St. Catharines and the shop is named Ostanek's so...
  6. wolfgang

wtf am I doing with my wrists?

I guess I think of myself as a decent drummer who can play by own band's songs well, but after seeing some videos of myself for a local Battle of the Bands audition, I can't help but notice how awkward my technique looks :S It's alright for most of the performances but there are a few instances...
  7. wolfgang

Premier Cabria UPDATE

My kit's seen some changes since I last had pictures of it, so I thought I'd share how they look now. I took the tom holder off of my 12" tom and now have it in a snare stand to get it in just the right position. I haven't noticed a real change in the sound. I've also broken a cymbal stand, so...
  8. wolfgang

Old Skool

For the past year or so I've left my first kit at my keyboard player's house because that's where we had band practice. He has recently left the band, so practices are now at my house, where my new kit is. So I'm selling my old kit tomorrow hopefully. I've set it up so that the prospective buyer...
  9. wolfgang

Painted Bass Head

I've got a design and I've got someone to paint it. Where do I go from here? I've looked at a few threads but still haven't come to a definite conclusion. Smooth white or coated? Primer or no primer? Acrylic paint or other? If I need a primer, could I not just spray paint my existing head white...
  10. wolfgang

Jojo Mayer-inspired set up + new stuff

So it's been a while since I've posted pictures of my kit, I've made a few changes since the last time. I now have a Sabian 18" Xs20 china which I've had for a few months, and just today I bought a used 18" AA Rock crash. I love it haha. I've also got newer batter heads on my toms, coated Ambs...
  11. wolfgang

Sabian HHX Studio Crash?

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new crash, and the one looking most appealing to me right now is the HHX studio crash 17". I was just wondering if anyone owns this cymbal and their thoughts on it. Also, I was wondering if it would go well with my other cymbals. All the ones I have right...
  12. wolfgang

20" bass in rock applications

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if any of you know of any rock (punk, hard rock?) drummers that use a 20" inch kick. I know that a while ago 20" bass drums were a little more common in rock bands (Mitch Mitchell, Ringo), but that have been because drummers really didn't have much choice as to...
  13. wolfgang

Band's demo completed.

I drum for an alternative/pop/rock band, Forgotten Toys. We recorded our first demo on Friday and got it today. We're quite happy with the overall sound, plus you get to hear me drum haha. Check it out if you're interested. http://www.myspace.com/forgottentoys
  14. wolfgang

updates!

So I've acquired a few little upgrades for my kit, which I'm quite proud of and thought I'd share with the interweb. New batter heads for the toms, Remo coated ambassadors. And a sweet new (used) ride for a sweet price (155), a Sabian 20" AA Medium Ride. I've also downsized for now, removing my...