Recent content by wildbill

1. wildbill

Should I buy this snare I want but don’t need?

Looks like a great snare at a decent price. If $400 isn't going to be a problem for you, I'd consider getting it. If it means you eat noodles for a month or something, then pass. :unsure:
  2. wildbill

Would you gig with a kit like this?

Good for those gigs at the zoo.
  3. wildbill

Yamaha Stage Custom

Honey Amber - are they drums or a dancer? :ROFLMAO: I think I like the finish even more than the Vintage Natural on the higher end lines. I don't think it'll hold up as well over the long haul though. Really the only thing that gives it a 'cheap' appearance IMO is that the bass drum hoops...
  4. wildbill

Yamaha Stage Custom

Love 'em or hate 'em, it's hard to deny they've made an impact. After getting back into drumming and having a whole lot of lower end cost sets, including a pretty big Stage Custom binge, I told myself to just bite the bullet and get what I really wanted. So - I got a Ludwig Classic Maple bop...
  5. wildbill

My Last Drum Set?

Well - I learned an important lesson. Even if you're an old codger, never ask yourself if you've bought your last kit. 2 weeks and 1 day later, you may get another one. :p Dagnabbit! I'm not done yet. :ROFLMAO:
  6. wildbill

Snaredrum dilemma!

Link please. With a quick search, I see $549 to $579.
  7. wildbill

Guitar Center sale on Zildjian K Sweet and Custom Dark

I still have an A Sweet Ride. I like it, but I like the K Sweet Ride I've got much better. If someone is going to get one, I think the K is worth the extra money.
  8. wildbill

Guitar Center sale on Zildjian K Sweet and Custom Dark

If the GC store is local, maybe you should go pick it up. If it turns out to be not everything you expected, they have a good return policy. And if you keep it after that runs out and decide to sell it later at some point, you shouldn't have much trouble selling it. But it could turn out to be...
  9. wildbill

Poll: Cymbal Logos

Yep - it's the sound that matters. A lot of my cymbals don't have logos.
  10. wildbill

Snaredrum dilemma!

Maple Custom Absolute is a very good snare. You should be able to get it to sound great. Maybe it would take different tuning or heads, but I know mine sounds real good. Try different tensions on both the batter and reso heads. Also play around with how tight you set your snares. Sometimes...
  11. wildbill

Snaredrum dilemma!

Do you have a snare now? You're looking at steel, brass, and aluminum. Any preference there? :ROFLMAO: CM beat me by about 3 seconds. Edit: might as well put my 2 cents in. Aluminum will be driest. Steel and brass can both be ringy. With a cheap steel snare the ring can be harsh. IMO...
  12. wildbill

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

Ain't no ants in Larry's pants. :LOL:
  13. wildbill

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

No one cares now. But some probably would if the poster came back trying to sell CBD.
  14. wildbill

Best Quality Brushes

Just a home player, but I use brushes probably 90% of the time - mostly for noise issues. My current collection: Top - VF Legacy: https://vicfirth.zildjian.com/legacy-brush.html Nice if you want your brushes to have a familiar wood grip feel. They're also a bit louder than the others. Next...
  15. wildbill

CBD Oil for Joint Pain

As this thread has turned to boron, I'll toss this in: https://www.healthline.com/health/brains-bones-boron