Recent content by WhoIsTony?

1. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

Thanks guys ... we had fun making it
  2. WhoIsTony?

The First Kit You Got

22,13, 16 The original owner was a family friend who was also my brothers drum teacher it’s pretty mint thanks uncle L Stewart eh?
  3. WhoIsTony?

The First Kit You Got

This is the first kit I ever played in 1979 Still have it and recently restored it to period correctness after sitting on a shelf in my moms basement for 3 decades '65 Slingerland with Gene Krupa Sound King that originally came with it it used to have a full set of mixed A and K Zildjians ...
  4. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

Thanks man we have fun that part at :38 ... my son does this thing whenever I ask him a question ... “naahhh” “Ax you want cereal?” “Naahh” so when we got to that part ... he ad libbed the “man, I don’t wanna...” then for the next one I said ... do that thing you do every time I ask you a...
  5. WhoIsTony?

Lollipop Graveyard

My family and I are practicing Isolation Arts. Writing songs and having fun recording them. My kids decided they wanted to start a punk rock band called Lollipop Graveyard. They wrote this song called Butt In The Front I hope it gives you a smile vocals - Athena & Axl guitar - Crusty Rivets...
  6. WhoIsTony?

Thrash style double bass?

ha!!! no doubt people shit on LU but the drumming on Puppets is phenomenal ... that's all I need
  7. WhoIsTony?

I loved my Swingstar... Candy Apple Red in the late 80s it had two 22" bass drums ... 10,12, 13 rack and a 16 floor ... just draped with cymbals I literally laugh out loud when I think about sitting behind that thing and lugging the entire thing to gigs. my mom was our roady ... she drove...
  8. WhoIsTony?

yes ... Number 12 ... they are from around my way I've known those guys a bit since probably 2003 or so ... very cool band got their name from a Twilight Zone episode I still love Charlie to this day ... might be nostalgia ... but he's still out there doing it and I have nothing but respect...
  9. WhoIsTony?

I'm in isolated to my home in full flashback mode ... this is what would make me destroy my bedroom and inspire me to play the hell out of my Tama Swingstar kit when I was 13, 14, 15 years old fond memories indeed ... just full to my eyeballs of piss and vinegar
  10. WhoIsTony?

Joey was a little after my time of interest in that stuff ... but nothing but respect for him
  11. WhoIsTony?

probably true ... but at 15 I could not have cared less about injury if it meant I could play Among The Living ;)
  12. WhoIsTony?

I can see those damn things in my minds eye ... they were purple with an orange and white stripe running through the middle and were held on your ankles with a piece of white velcro as 80s as you can get but all I wanted to do was be like Charlie Benante and Dave Lombardo ... so purple ankle...
  13. WhoIsTony?

I grew up playing metal and hardcore ... those are my roots ... I can tell you what worked for me I went through pg 5 of stick control with my feet starting very slowly for about 2 to 3 hours a day I also worked on the Table Of Time ... I would play something very simple on my hands...
  14. WhoIsTony?

Vinnie or Jeff?

for me it has nothing to do with WHAT they were playing ... strictly HOW they were playing I don't think there is anything executed in this song that Jeff wouldn't play on a given session ... he just wouldn't play it that way I think Vinnie has less of a "fingerprint" than Jeff to my ears ...
  15. WhoIsTony?

Vinnie or Jeff?

it's Vinnie