Recent content by whatsam

1. W

Bass Drum Beater And Angle

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good bass drum beater for me. I'm looking for something which would work for fast playing on a single pedal without compromising a huge amount of power. Whilst i'm asking i'd also like some help as to what angle my beater should be...
  2. W

Gretsch Renown vs Tama Starclassic

I've narrowed my new kit choice down to these two. I have played them both side by side and loved both sounds but in different ways. The Renown's were warmer in sound but I felt they were slightly lacking in attack, the Starclassics were almost the complete opposite with quite a dry sound but...
  3. W

Best kit for £1500

I've just found out I have a little more money than I thought to spend on a new kit and I'm open to any suggestions. I've been playing kits in lots of music stores and the decision is a difficult one. I know I want two floor toms (still flexible if it was a nice kit) and am not bothered about...
  4. W

DW 5000 AD4

Hey all, I picked up one of these pedals a couple of days ago and thought I'd share my thoughts. It is a joy to play and has a great, solid feeling when it makes contact with my bass drum. The motion is smooth and fast but the pedal remains sensitive however I play. the only problem I seem to be...
  5. W

15" HHX X-Celerator Hats

Next week i'm going to be ordering my first decent cymbals after 6 years of very commited learning. I'm getting these in a brilliant finish and on sale with £120 off the usual price. Really can't wait :D
  6. W

Miking Drums

I want to start miking my kit so i kinda of need some help right through from the begging. I'm trying to decide between overheads and bass or close miking everything but the point is what happens after that. Where do the cables go mixer/pre-amps? And then what? I'm sorry if i'm asking anything...
  7. W

Are DW all they're cracked up to be?

I hear so much about DW drums and follow them very closely. I do love the sound of their drums and also the looks. But I'm curious to hear if people really think It's worth the large price tag...?
  8. W

Zildjian K promo pack

Hey guys, I am currently looking to buy some new cymbals and because of cost I am going to get a pack. I have pretty much decided on the Zildjian K promo pack but i'm wondering what people think of this. I've played the cymbals individually but never as a set. I also like the look of the AAX...