vtran711's latest activity

• V
    vtran711 replied to the thread Am I too old to start drumming?.
    I got back into it just over a year ago when I turned 50. Go for it! Just have fun and don't over think it. If your heart is in it and...
  • V
    I just started this book myself and really enjoy it for developing my hands. I'm definitely not trying to memorize solos. I'm starting...
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread Wilcoxon solos on the kit.
    And this
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread Wilcoxon solos on the kit.
    I did just recently find this. Looks like he just plays stickings on different surfaces.
  • V
    I've recently started working on Wilcoxon All American Drummer solos and it's a ton of fun. I've read a bunch of threads about it and I...
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread What's better.
    "The journey is the destination" That's my preference but unfortunately I lose sight of that all the time!
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread Snare to complement my Acrolite.
    My budget is no more than the cost for a BB and hoping to get that cost down a bit with either going used or waiting for a sale. I'm...
  • V
    You can't go wrong with either the Black Beauty or the Classic Maple. When finances allow get both. Having a Black Beauty, a Maple and...
  • V
    I recently acquired a 14x5 vintage Acro and love it. I've been having fun thinking about the next snare that will be good to complement...
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread The Ludwig Acrolite.
    Both! Seriously they are different enough where you will eventually get both. Go with the one that gets your juices flowing the most...
  • V
    vtran711 replied to the thread Warped Hoops.
    Now I have a much better understanding on what a snare bed is. Thanks guys!
  • V
    vtran711 reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread Warped Hoops with Like Like.
    @Stroman is right. The snare side shouldn't be flat, owing to the slope of the snare beds. If the batter side is only a little uneven...
  • V
    Ok cool so the snare side is the bed. Unfortunately the batter side does not sit flat either. Not horrible though so it may be something...
  • V
    I read on another forum that what I'm seeing might be the gradual snare bed? The space shown in the pic seems perfect on both sides and...
    • acro-shell.jpg
  • V
    OK it's the shell. Is it common for these vintage aluminum shells to not be perfectly flat? Wondering if I returned and bought another...