Recent content by voldak

1. voldak

Thoughts on the Roland TD25KV?

I've been looking into an electronic kit for some time now. The TD25KV really has my eye at the moment. I'm mainly looking for a kit for practicing, videos, maybe some smaller/quieter gigs. My main concern is the 8" pads for the rack toms, which might not be as big of a deal as I fear it may be...
  2. voldak

Help with trying to soundproof shop building

I have recently purchased a 12x10 foot storage building that I will be moving to my land for the sole purpose of storing my drums. I don't have the storage building on my lot yet, but I am trying to get some ideas for sound proofing. I live in the US and Lowes is the only close bigger "home...
  3. voldak

Help Identifying Rogers Kit

Hi, The singer for a band i've played with in the past just got a Rogers kit and he was wanting some info on it. I figured this would be the best place as I am not overly familiar with older kits. Here is a link to the album The serial numbers are in view on the images. Any help would be...
  4. voldak

Accuracy

Does anyone have any recommended exercises or books for accuracy? After my most recent head changes, I notice that my accuracy isn't as tight as I want it to be. Ideally, I would have a small portion in the middle of the head that I would always hit, but some of my strokes on faster fills are a...
  5. voldak

Looking for snare recommendations

I have had a DW Collector's edition brass snare for about 12 years now as my main snare, and I am looking for something different. I am not wanting to stick with a brass snare. I am looking to move away from that. I really want something with a big fat sound, that isn't too low. I am not really...
  6. voldak

Stuck in a rut

I've had some issues over the last years expressing new ideas that i've picked up/practiced in actual songs and performances. I was wondering if there is any things that you guys do to be able to implement new ideas sooner into your regular playing. It always seems that I can practice new...
  7. voldak

Iron Cobra Double Pedal

Hello everyone, I have a pretty serious question here. I've had an Iron Cobra double pedal (the same one) for approx. 5 years. I have never done any kind of maintenance, at all, to the pedal. It has seen quite a bit of wear and tear over the years, from shows, from storage, to at a practice...