Recent content by tonicannelli

1. T

Smooth criminal

thanks
  2. T

Smooth criminal

Back in the 90s I did a drum clinic tour with the late great Ricky Lawson ( drummer for Michael Jackson, Phil Collins and Steely Dan ) He used to demo this track every night, here is my version.drum less track from...
  3. T

Brother to Brother

Pop/prog? I love this track by Gino Vannelli the track is called Brother to brother, its a monster to play!, the play along track came from https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk ,this is how I play the track, but I love the original drumming done by the late Mark Craney.
  4. T

Gary Husband play along tracks

Thanks!
  5. T

Gary Husband play along tracks

check out the Gary Husband site for great videocasts , he is a Allan Holdsworth track minus drums( Gary on keyboards)
  6. T

paradiddle exercise

thanks
  7. T

paradiddle exercise

Here is an old exercise that my students enjoy.
  8. T

Isolation drum rudiments

Calling all drummers ! while the World is in lock down and we are in isolation because of the Coronavirus, lets talk to each other and share our ideas!.Please check out Facebook search- Drummers Alliance and share your ideas, here is my idea with a full video breakdown( tag your ideas as...
  9. T

Randy Waldman charts

yes,from Randys site.
  10. T

Randy Waldman charts

Drummers and drum teachers!, I highly recommend the big band charts and music minus from the Randy Waldman website https://www.jazzpilot.com,the tracks are challenging and musical (Vinnie Colaiuta and Steve gadd played on the original album called Superheroes,you also get transcriptions of some...
  11. T

Randy Waldman cover

THIS TRACK IS CHALLENGING !, it starts with a drum solo and trombone cadenza, 4/4 2/4 7/4 3/4 and 5/4 time signatures, double time jazz and drum solo at the end!. The track is called Underdog from the Randy Waldman Superheroes album, Vinnie Colaiuta and Steve Gadd play drums on the original...
  12. T

preparing for gigs and sessions

sorry about that, the camera is playing up
  13. T

preparing for gigs and sessions

Here is my approach to preparing for sessions.
  14. T

Linear drumming

I put this video together today, talking about Linear drumming, I first heard great players like David Garibaldi Dr. Steve Gadd and Mike Clark using it in the 70s, in 1980 I got the brilliant book by Rick Latham called Advanced funk studies, here is my take on it.
  15. T

Allan Holdsworth play along

I highly recommend the Gary Husband website for track analyses and play along tracks!. This is an The unReal Allan Holdsworth track with Allan on guitar, Jan Hammer keyboard solo and Jimmy Johnson on bass.Im playing to the track (minus click) love it!