Recent content by tommyrocker8

1. T

John Tempesta Snare

Haha I'ys evading me quite well. Thanks for that;
  2. T

John Tempesta Snare

Thanks so much for that! Really appreciate it. I was also trying to work out what snare was used on the dr feel-good album. If you have any info on that as well that would be greatly appreciated.
  3. T

John Tempesta Snare

Budget isn't really a factor for me
  4. T

John Tempesta Snare

I play Glam metal and hard rock pretty much exclusively these days and I'm a very heavy hitter/belter. I love my snare I have at the moment but I need something with a bit more crack that isn't too ringy and shit sounding like a lot of those things brass snares. I need it to cut through so it...
  5. T

After a long internal struggle, I did it.

That definitely sounds more like what the underlying issue is. I get what you mean now. I'd say it's mostly a mental thing. I guess you'll have to sit on it for a while and decide if it's for you or not. Everything is personal choice after all and if it doesn't feel right and doesn't feel like...
  6. T

Hmmmmm yeah that's a tricky one. Maybe it's just a comfort thing or a mental block of some kind. How long have you tried this new method for? And what heads were you using on your 10 12 14 and 16 setup? I get a lot of volume and attack and pronounciation out of mine and I have that set up. I'm...
  7. T

A vs A Custom?

I have a pair of 15" mastersounds. They do cut through a lot both in studio and live, particularly live when the acoustics obviously are happening right there on the spot. If you want something lighter and a bit more balanced I'd say the customs. But if you want to cut through well and project...
  8. T

John Tempesta Snare

I've been looking into getting the Tama JT snare. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with one and what they used it for, how they found it and if it was worth persuing. Cheers kats✌️
  9. T

Flexi flyer vs speed cobra

I tried the speed cobras and my mate ended up buying them. Long board is a bit weird at first but after a few mins it was awesome. Def reccomend.
  10. T

What is best: Tama Speed Cobra hp310 or DW 7002pt?

Tried them both, speed cobras 100%
  11. T

Using hard to find sticks

I use the Vic firth metal N myself which nobody seems to stock so I just ordered a brick in. Preparation is really the only way (for me anyway) because I don't want to compromise what I like in a stick especially if I'm playing a lot of shows and am expecting a certain type of endurance and...
  12. T

I love lower pitched bigger toms myself, my smallest Tom is a 10 but I do tune it exceptionally low just like the rest of my kit. I think skin choice is important too and plays a role as well as how hard you're gonna be attacking the drums, but in simple terms, the bigger the Tom, the lower it's...