Recent content by tmcasper

1. T

Having doubts about my drum teacher

Thats part of the issue too. I don’t really get ‘assignments’, we just go over a random thing or a page in Francos double bass book, and then the next week we’ll usually do something different, then come back to the book weeks later, more random licks, etc... and like I said, we never review...
  2. T

@brentcn yeah, I understand, but thats kinda my point. If I try to bring it up he doesnt seem to listen, or have any concern about what I'm saying. Like I said above, I think from typing it out I know the answer to my question,...I am a loyal guy, and I hate to cut things short like this, just...
  3. T

yeah @MrInsanePolack thanks for the response. Yeah we've been mostly working through Joe Francos double bass book on and off...no rudiments or hand work specifically. No technique critique. I think I've already answered my own question actually, but I wanted to get some reassurance I guess 😔
  4. T

Hi all, I am hoping to get some advice on what to do about my local drum teacher. I am not sure whether or not to retain his services. So I've been going to this guy for about a year, he's a local rock drummer, been apparently teaching for many years, but there's a few problems I have with...
  5. T

Ever have to shut down one of your arms for a while?

Hey all, New to the forum here and back into drumming after a 15 year layoff. Curious to see if any of you have ever had an injury or condition which caused you to have to shut down a limb for a while. I have developed a painful issue in my right wrist, probably either tendonitis or...