Recent content by tkenny

1. tkenny

What brand mount is this?

Ouch. It's the double tom mount on the kick that really irks me, something about those two massive holes I can't stand. Even a single post mount is bearable, but those huge hulking double mounts are just painful.
  2. tkenny

Yeah they're a great deal, usually Gretsch stuff is crazy expensive near me and these ones are a decent price, just trying to figure out how much "damage" these mounts have done since if I were to get it I'd definitely swap them out for Gretsch stuff. Blessing and a curse since it keeps it...
  3. tkenny

Yeah I think that they were added after the fact, the plugged extra holes look like they'd fit a diamond mount. Gretsch hardware around then was a bit dodgy at times and although the Pearl stuff isn't as nice looking it makes sense to switch it out if you're looking for stability, as painful as...
  4. tkenny

Fantastic, thanks! Out of interest, are there be two holes for the arms to go through in the kick (as there are with the current mounts) or do the arms stop at the shell? Haven't looked into much vintage Pearl stuff and the arms look a lot thinner than they are now so I'm not sure how different...
  5. tkenny

Hey guys, first post here so let me know if any thing is up with it/wrong place etc. I'm trying to figure out what brand/make these mounts are, I know it's made in Japan but doesn't look like any MIJ stuff I've seen before, usually that stuff looks similar to Tama/Pearl. In all honesty I...