Recent content by TK-421

1. TK-421

K Constantinople vs Foundry Reserve

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely hear some K Cons that still sound good. But it used to be that the vast majority of them sounded great. Now finding a great one seems more like finding a needle in a haystack. Well maybe not that bad, but the majority these days don’t really do anything for me...
  2. TK-421

K Constantinople vs Foundry Reserve

K Cons were great when they first debuted. But one thing I’ve noticed about Zildjian is how whenever they introduce a new high-end series like the Constantinoples, Keropes, A Avedis, etc., the first batches I see in stores almost always sound terrific. But then a couple years later, all the ones...
  3. TK-421

Help deciding on maple kit...

Last time I checked, trying to decipher the logic of someone giving suggestions about something that occurred two years ago doesn’t equal mental illness. And “drives me nuts” is just an expression. It’s not like this is actually driving me insane. But Larry is right, this whole zombie...
  4. TK-421

Should I buy this snare I want but don’t need?

Thanks PorkPieGuy. Trust me, I was very, VERY tempted to buy that bronze snare. But I just couldn‘t get over the fact that I couldn’t think of a good use for it. That’s mainly because I’m so happy with my main studio snare, the black nickel Brooklyn. So in my mind, had I bought the bronze, I...
  5. TK-421

Where are you technically supposed to sit on your throne?

I‘m not following this logic. Whether I’m playing matched or traditional, both of my elbows are always at my side, never sticking behind my torso. In fact, I just hopped on my kit to test that out, and even playing traditional with both hands on the hi hat, my left elbow was right at my side...
  6. TK-421

Help deciding on maple kit...

This is exactly the kind of post I was referring to in the zombie thread that drives me nuts. Why are you resurrecting a thread from 2019 and acting like the OP is still trying to decide on a kit? This makes absolutely no sense to me.
  7. TK-421

Thank you! If you're interested, here's a link to the thread I created when I bought the snare. https://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php?threads/any-info-on-the-gretsch-limited-edition-gold-series-maple-snare.167386/ The base is mylar with with some sort of spun fiber material added on...
  8. TK-421

Music video for a brand new funky/jazzy/jammy single "Evil Santa"

That was cool. Liked the song and your playing. I listen to a ton of instrumental music, and this is right up my alley.
  9. TK-421

I love FiberSkyns as bass drum reso heads, but this is the first time I've tried one as a batter head. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really like it thus far. And now after playing on it for a few days, something I wasn't expecting: there's nary a stick mark showing. In fact, it still looks...
  10. TK-421

Slight update. No, I didn't buy that bronze snare, and it looks like it's still for sale. But since I didn't spend $400 on that snare and case, I decided to spend $25 on a new head for my 5.5x14 Gretsch Gold Series Special Edition Maple Snare (aka the one I was originally contemplating selling...
  11. TK-421

Zombie Threads

What will happen when this thread becomes a zombie thread? Will it open a worm hole into another dimension?
  12. TK-421

Best Bass Drum Pillow/Muffling Pad

I highly recommend the KickPro pillow. I bought one last year for my 16x20 Renown bass drum, and it made a very noticeable difference in the low end since it absorbs many of the higher frequencies bouncing around inside the drum. I don’t even have it touching either of the heads, as for many...
  13. TK-421

How can I improve my marching snare skills?

Whatever warmup exercises your line uses, practice them at various tempos while focusing on making every stroke—whether it's a single, diddle, flam, roll, etc.—extremely consistent in volume, stick height, note length, etc. Don't play any accents, just play every note as consistent as possible...
  14. TK-421

Zombie Threads

Yeah, I tend to call out zombie threads, because they usually annoy the crap out of me. I like to read through all the posts of a thread before responding, just so I can catch up with what's already been discussed. Sometimes I spot a thread in the New Posts section that sounds interesting, and...
  15. TK-421

Zombie Threads

See Jane run. Observe someone of the female persuasion [1], possibly named Jane [2], gallop gallantly for potential health benefits.[3] Footnotes: 1. See 2. Jane 3. Run