Recent content by TJK

1. T

What is your favorite drummer joke?

Richard Christy is a phenomenal drummer. He works in the show and along with sal are the only funny ones left
  2. T

What Recorded Snare Sound Do You Like?

Always thought it was a super sensitive 6.5 like avh. Regardless cw has a great snare sound
  3. T

Gretsch VS. Ludwig Shotout!

The gretsch sound great when dialed in. Harder to tune with the die cast. Ludwig never sound bad. I honestly can’t choose, both lifetime drum sets
  4. T

Jamie Oldaker cocaine clapton
  5. T

I am partial to the snare on changes by yes 6.5 hammered bronze supra
  6. T

Bonham on 1, 2 and 4. The others way too high pitch. Moby dick #1 Van Halen, everything but diver down Neil Peart exit stage left. Best overall drum set sound ever
  7. T

Hm I love avh sound, 1984 is perfection to me. Diver down no, too high pitched
  8. T

My snare likes cheap heads and snare wires

Hm, I have never had a Ludwig snare sound good until I put strings on it. Makes all the difference
  9. T

Which drums to choose?

Good choice, every single armory or Saturn kit I have sat down and played at the gc have sounded incredible. I have owned everything from gretch to sonor designers to the Japanese TAMA star classic maple and Ludwig super classic and I can honestly say that the mapex more than hold their own.
  10. T

Traded the Dubs for a Tama Star Walnut

You will not be disappointed they are some of the finest production drums you can buy
  11. T

Help needed please Pearl snare

Damn that’s some radical cam and pedal angle, have to try the yellow cam with half the strap cut off on my eliminator.
  12. T

Sensitone question

After searching for 15 minutes I can’t find if the sensitone is rolled and welded or spun like Ludwig
  13. T

Updated photo of my kit

Is that the antithesis of “simple minds are easily amused”. Ha
  14. T

Pick the better deal

It is nice but it will show scratches if look at it too hard.
  15. T

So I got a DW9000 single pedal

Yeah I find a thin piece and glue and wrap where the pedal clamps