Recent content by timmdrum

1. timmdrum

Can anything be mounted here? Maybe something Gibraltar makes?

You can replace the post in the BD mount bracket with a cymbal holder of the same diameter, then mount your double tom mount to that.
  2. timmdrum

A wake up call - literally!

Glad you're ok, Andy! I get a bag of shelled peanuts and/or some cookies and a soda before each gig, in case I need it to keep busy on late drives. In a pinch, I'll call my wife and she'll talk to me until I'm close enough to home.
  3. timmdrum

The Perfect Movie

"It insists upon itself." 😁
  4. timmdrum

Really bad TV or Movie fake bands

Me too- 24 times since '89, and whoever I've seen 2nd most isn't even close.
  5. timmdrum

Drum head thrift and guilt

I probably don't change heads as often as I should on my gig kit- especially reso heads- but prior to recording, or a bigger or more important gig that usual, I'll refresh 'em if it's been a little while. That said, the toms on my rehearsal kit- '03 Pacific CX- still have the original stock...
  6. timmdrum

Really bad TV or Movie fake bands

Similar case in point: for the famous boom box scene in Say Anything, Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" wasn't playing on-set. It was "Party At Ground Zero" by Fishbone. And speaking of Fishbone, they took the piss out of this scenario on Soul Train:
  7. timmdrum

Kit ID

Could also be a backline kit of some already-gone custom company for a festival slot... Agreed, you'd think companies would be chasing him for an endorsement, since he's wild, charismatic, and literally up front in his band.
  8. timmdrum

Kit ID

I've seen those lugs before but I can't recall the brand. Looks a little like DrumCraft but I don't think that's it, unless those you pictured are a single-sided version of these: I don't think the pictured drums are Slings. Not many companies make the offset lug drums, and all the ones I've...
  9. timmdrum

Were Spaun drums any good?

For a while, Fishbone's longtime drummer John Steward played this beautiful green fade Spaun kit. This was taken in 2015, a year or two before Philip "Fish" Fisher's return to the band. I don't know how long John had them, but they sounded fantastic, and being that he toured all over the US with...
  10. timmdrum

Pearl Jam - Go (Drum Cover)

Ultimately, sound is king, i.e. with the listener's eyes closed, if it sounds good, job well done, and you sound great. That said- and I realize you didn't ask for technique critique- you move your arms quite a lot at the elbow. You'd have an easier time getting the same sound with more hand...
  11. timmdrum

Drum cart?

Has anyone tried the On-Stage version?
  12. timmdrum

Switching Bass Drum Hoops: Depth

A small depth difference shouldn't result in your tension rods either no longer reaching the logs, or bottoming out in them.
  13. timmdrum

Recommendations for newish rock bands my band can cover

Another version of a song covered in a different style- this time, by the original artist:
  14. timmdrum

The Music Uniform

I still kinda want one of these. :LOL:
  15. timmdrum

Weighted drumsticks / BD beaters for practice

I do have some thinner jazz sticks I use when necessary, also ProMark Hot Rods and Broomsticks, and the Vater... um, plastic kinda-rods, kinda-brushes with the wood handles, for quieter situations. I've simply found that the 808s and 707s suited nearly every musical situation I've ever been in. 🤷‍♂️