Recent content by timmdrum

1. timmdrum

Pearl Jam - Go (Drum Cover)

Ultimately, sound is king, i.e. with the listener's eyes closed, if it sounds good, job well done, and you sound great. That said- and I realize you didn't ask for technique critique- you move your arms quite a lot at the elbow. You'd have an easier time getting the same sound with more hand...
  2. timmdrum

Drum cart?

Has anyone tried the On-Stage version?
  3. timmdrum

Switching Bass Drum Hoops: Depth

A small depth difference shouldn't result in your tension rods either no longer reaching the logs, or bottoming out in them.
  4. timmdrum

Recommendations for newish rock bands my band can cover

Another version of a song covered in a different style- this time, by the original artist:
  5. timmdrum

The Music Uniform

I still kinda want one of these. :LOL:
  6. timmdrum

Weighted drumsticks / BD beaters for practice

I do have some thinner jazz sticks I use when necessary, also ProMark Hot Rods and Broomsticks, and the Vater... um, plastic kinda-rods, kinda-brushes with the wood handles, for quieter situations. I've simply found that the 808s and 707s suited nearly every musical situation I've ever been in. 🤷‍♂️
  7. timmdrum

Oak stick manufacturers other than ProMark and Tama

I only recall Hickory and Maple.
  8. timmdrum

I just discovered the Extended Play series from Vater; anyone used them? I might try practicing with the EP version and gig with the regular 3A. I won't get much weight difference, but maybe the durability factor will win me.
  9. timmdrum

I don't think I can afford those! 😳
  10. timmdrum

Oak stick manufacturers other than ProMark and Tama

I've found a few that look cheap and have bad reviews. Any good quality ones out there? Also, I was surprised to learn that Tama is in the game. They even have several sig. models. Good for them. ✅
  11. timmdrum

Have you tried the reply?

I was today years old when I learned this! Sweet!
  12. timmdrum

I used to do the same. I think a short time with marching sticks to help get the blood moving was ok. I wouldn't use a bigger model of stick for practice and then suddenly use something radically different for gigs.
  13. timmdrum

I feel I should reiterate that I only used the heavier oak version of the same model for practice/rehearsals, so the dimensions were the same. Only the weight was slightly different. Even the balance felt the same. My muscle memory was never affected. What I realize I may have only imagined is...
  14. timmdrum

A current thread about changes to ProMark's offerings has me thinking about having to break a 25 year habit that's probably silly... So for about that length of time, I've played the 808 nylon model - great rebound, round tip aided consistency in tone, width between 5A and 5B. I get the same...
  15. timmdrum

Tama Superstar Drums (vintage original line)

I realize I'm a little late to this, but Most of Tama's back catalogs going back to the 60s are here.